Why do you shoot?

saycheese76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like posting these open ended threads and reading about many people's view on the same thing and how they differ.
I love photography because it was the first (and only:mrgreen:) creative outlet I have ever had. Prior to learning photography, I would envy artists of all kind because they had something I couldn't find. I shoot for myself. I love hearing positive feedback on my work, for sure, but in the end it is for me. I love the technical aspects of both analog and digital. Being a technically minded person both at home and at work, I enjoy using my technical knowledge to a creative end. Isn't it amazing that we can take what we know about physics, chemistry, electronics, and software and create something beautiful? So why do YOU shoot?
Jason

I have been trying to capture the ultimate image for the past twenty years ... I think I am getting close ... :greenpbl:

I have been trying to capture the ultimate image for the past twenty years ... I think I am getting close ... :greenpbl:
Kind of like the great American novel...

I have a couple stolen ones that would fit...

"Because it was there"

"To get to the other side of the street"

"Because she was easy"

LOL!

My photography gives me a chance to see and experience something new and exciting everyday. I have an oppurtunity to tell people stories through my imagery. I also put my life on the line in some of the worst situations for documentation and there is nothing else I rather do that will make me feel more alive.

Because I wanted a hobby to throw endless amounts of cash into. I think I made a good choice.

My photography gives me a chance to see and experience something new and exciting everyday. I have an oppurtunity to tell people stories through my imagery. I also put my life on the line in some of the worst situations for documentation and there is nothing else I rather do that will make me feel more alive.
Where has work taken you lately?

I don't have any friends so I have to do something with my time

Wow. I couldn't even imagine what that must be like. Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much freedom of the press is there in Iraq? Do journalists doing "street level" reporting on non-big picture strategic stuff get to tell their stories?

Because I wanted a hobby to throw endless amounts of cash into. I think I made a good choice.
Because I wanted a hobby that was cheap. I think I made a good choice :D

Flying RC airplanes is expensive. You WILL crash, necessating the purchase of more equipment/aircraft. Photography is only as expensive as you make it. I'm happy with my $200 I spent. I could and would spend more if I had the cash to do so. Though, if I had the cash like many of you, I would probably be flying RC instead as I would be able to do that.

If I could spend the cash I see so many tossing out here, I would buy myself a new car instead of the POS I'm driving now, hehe. I could get a very nice car in comparison to my own for the price of a D90 and handful of lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back