Why does no one use the search function?!

flygning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll tell you why! (ha, tricked you!)

There is a limit (at least for me) of one search every 30 seconds. If you search for something, and there are no search results, you have to wait a while before you can search for something else. Since I get a lot of "no search results" results, this ends up very frustrating, and it is quicker to just go ask my question on a new thread.

Is there any logic to the search limit, and, if not, is there any way to reduce it? I've been on other forums where there is a limit of 5 or 10 seconds, but never 30.

30 makes it frustrating, its probably because if everyone was searching every few seconds the site would slow down (maybe idk) :)

There is a logic, actually, but it was explained to me a long time ago and I can't remember it exactly. Something to the effect of it overloading the system when too many people are doing it at once?

I think I remember it also having to do with the search engine bots/spyders that crawl the site.

I wish I could remember the exact reasoning, but it's been a really long time since it was explained to me.

there is no time limit for me so maybe its lifted for us subscribers

Shameless plug right there :p

I guess I understand if it might overload the servers. Still frustrating.

its not a plug, its not my forum so there is no gain to me

There is also no flood control for forum staff, so I can post again 5 seconds after my last one if I want. :p

It *could* be that, but I think it's probably because you are a spam cop, and therefore technically have some mod powers. ;)

I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE THE POWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!

he-man.jpg

What annoys me is that clicking the "New Posts" button counts as a search.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back