Why is it...

well, not everyone can be perfect.

There's no law that says you have to be good at something to love it. End of story.

I beg to differ. I love ballet but I'm terrible at it.

The difference is, I don't dance ballet. I just watch it.

FYI, my screen says " This message is hidden because Alpha is on your ignore list."

not worth my time.

Edit: Yes the big shot director was 'patently bad'. But THEY don't see it that way.

Ahhh you're talking about Uwe Boll and the petition with 270000 signatories for him to stop! A friend once described him by the question: "If someone throws up on a canvas, is he an artist?" :lol:

like chefs who think they can cook and you pay alot to eat the food then you go home and your dads roast lamb and its sooo much better, and he doesnt even enjoy cooking LOL

Hah, that rings a bell with me, as I am a chef who enjoys taking photos as a hobby. The problem with most restaurants is that they don't allow the chef/cook/linecook/etc to improve upon the recipies - you have one way of doing things, and heaven forbid if you do something different (even if it is better!).

To bring it in line with photography - equate cooks with your basic walmart photography, you know what you're getting when you go, even if it isn't that great. Now equate chefs with your portrait studios - It sure as hell is better than wallmart, but there are still rules to follow...

Mostly why I enjoy photography as a hobby is that there are no RULES to follow, only guidelines - and those can be broken to great effect!

Oh, and yeah, my homemade Mediterainian style roast leg of lamb is infinitly better than anything served in the restaurant :mrgreen:.

Food and Photography again...
FUNdaMENTAL essentials to human life as we know it...
:lmao:
Jedo

It wasn't so much that it was what I fell in love with as it was what I had handy to do art with. Then little by little black and white film grew on me. Also the reason my favorite sketching tools are rough paper and a good old Fort Ticonderoga number two. It's perfecting upon what your background has provided and on what your circumstances will allow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back