Why not (no 56k)

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I haven't really been in the photo groove the past few months, until I took a photo workshop this past weekend. (I might post photos from that a little bit later.) Anyways, I just attended a mandatory science camp, and snapped a few pictures for the group presentation. They really aren't anything more then snapshots, as I would be working in the mud, then see a photo oppurtunity, grab my camera, turn, click, continue working. But all I can say is I had a great time (surprise, surprise) and had a great group of people.

Though these aren't really technically perfect, any comments or critiques would be great :)

Sorry about the corny border. I used these ones for the presentation and didn't really have any reason to take the borders out.

Thanks,

blogger_MG_0043.jpg

blogger_MG_0139.jpg

3. Argh. I should have asked her to move her arm and 'her face' would have been in the jar.
_MG_0111.jpg

4. Colour is slightly too red here
blogger_MG_0101.jpg

blogger_MG_0060smallsmall.jpg

6. Blew the highlights
blogger_MG_0154pancopy.jpg

7. Note the lack of shoe due to an incident in the stream
blogger_MG_0116.jpg

8. Whoops. Didn't quite crop the top correctly
blogger_MG_0118.jpg

blogger_MG_0125.jpg

blogger_MG_0079bwsmall.jpg

blogger_MG_0124.jpg

Hey, these may have been taken quickly, but they are far from being only snapshots! Brittany, how dare you call these photos that!

So do you show in any of them? Like: are you the one who lost her shoe in the river?

So many different techniques and POVS and DOFs and whatnot used in these, I am always in awe about this amount of creativity. The fact that you can put so much of it into such quickly taken photos shows that you do know (for sure!) what you are doing when you pick up your camera. Wow!!!

Okay, try number two. They appear to be working better, but if it is still way slow on other people's computers, just tell me and I will try to fix it :)

Thanks LaFoto. I think half the reason they were all duds was the fact that my group was so willing to play along. Nope, I am not in any of those, but I am in this one:

forum_MG_0127copy.jpg

Jeez, you sure are a picky critic of your own work...I think they are pretty darn good. #6 really stands out, great work.

I think these are really cool shots Peanuts. Shows a real good time. Very well done.

Thanks everyone. It truly was amazing what a little bit of teamwork mixed with a few songs set on mini speakers could do to boost the enthusiasm during a two full day camp geared completely toward science.

So you mean to say it is your FEET in the last one? ;)

whoa brit!!! these are farrr superior from the snapshot variety... looks like fun and you captured it so well... theres a great quality in your photographs... and im glad i didnt miss out on seeing these... and yes.. you will get back into it.. no worries... :) lovely angles and compositions :D
thanks for sharing these... looking forward to more :D
mansi

great shots peanuts, so different from my kind of snapshots... these are inspire me to try to see things differently. i think you did a tremendous job, i'm sure everybody is quite impressed. #6 is my favorite of this series too. they can jump high!

what kind of science? renewable natural resources? or all kinds?

Glad people had fun looking at them, I appreicate all of your too kind comments.

LaFoto - Yup, those are my feet. Probably not the best decision to wear shoes that had somewhat opened toes. My feet were the same colour of my shoe at the end of the day. :lol:

JTH - This was actually an IB (International Baccalaureate) Group 4 project which entails physics, chemistry and biology together. In this case it was environmentally oriented and our group pretty much determined the difference in soil make-up in relation to the stream and how this proportionally affected the surrounding plant (oh, and maybe that one bug and worm's) life.

Most reactions

Back