Why would I need two bodies?

I would say keep it. Even if you not making money with it, I am assuming it is already paid for... and Could you go without a camera for a week or so if you were to have issues and have it in for repairs? Or going to the beach sitting in the sand and want to bring a camera? I wish I had two digital bodies, I have plenty of film based bodies, but that's not really very economical for just everyday family pics.

Thanks everybody for the great feedback. I'm currently offering the camera for sale on some local forums, but I won't be disappointed at all if it doesn't sell. Lots of ideas here.

So you can keep one loaded with color film and the other loaded with B&W. Duh. :lol:

As for the others, I just like owning them. i have no intention of putting film in them. :er:

And then there's my movie cameras. :lmao:

years ago I bought a cheap fisheye from Russia that obviously needed an adaptor ring, well needless to say a week before I had a wedding to shoot a piece of the adaptor ring broke and I could not get the lense off. I was able to get it fixed in time and then I bought another camera body solely for that lense.

I hope you *do* know that the D70s has a very important feature that not even your D300 has... a native 1/500th sync speed (and it can sync up to ANY speed even as high as 1/8000th, I believe). Your D300's native sync speed is 1/250th and goes as high as maybe 1/320th... thats it.

When using a flash, that means you can do things with the D70s that you cannot easily do with the D300, if at all. Strobists are snapping these little cameras up as fast as they can find them becuase they are cheap, plentiful and have this incredibly high sync speed.

Another option not mentioned that you can do is convert your D70S into an IR camera. I was going to do that with mine until I started shooting professionally, so now it is my backup until I get a D90 or D700 to go with my D300, then I will convert it :)

Then it may be time for me to go to Photographers' Anonymous!

I hope you *do* know that the D70s has a very important feature that not even your D300 has... a native 1/500th sync speed (and it can sync up to ANY speed even as high as 1/8000th, I believe).
I am aware, but this feature is wasted on me –I shoot almost exclusively with available light.

Another option not mentioned that you can do is convert your D70S into an IR camera.
This would be a good reason to keep it, but I fear I'll tire of the IR novelty quickly. I haven't purchased a Lensbabies or a fisheye lens for the same reason :)

Who here has been to a nice restaurant where there are two forks? How about three forks?

It's kinda' like that, only in a photography-related sort of way...

I hope you *do* know that the D70s has a very important feature that not even your D300 has... a native 1/500th sync speed (and it can sync up to ANY speed even as high as 1/8000th, I believe).
I am aware, but this feature is wasted on me –I shoot almost exclusively with available light.

In some situations, you may need to use a flash because you have STRONG available light. So higher sync speed is good. :( my camera can only go as high as 1/250.

Another option not mentioned that you can do is convert your D70S into an IR camera.
This would be a good reason to keep it, but I fear I'll tire of the IR novelty quickly. I haven't purchased a Lensbabies or a fisheye lens for the same reason :)

I have a D700, and often wish I had a native sync speed above 1/250th. I have found a way to work around it, but still.

Oh... InfaRed has nothing to do with lensbabys or fisheye lenses. ;)

And yea, i could kill for that snyc speed sometimes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back