Wide angle auxiliary lense for Lumix?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Daniel O'Connor, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Daniel O'Connor

Daniel O'Connor TPF Noob!

Hi;

My wife wants a compact digital camera she can shoot high school sports with. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 looks good for this - mainly because of it's 12X optical zoom. However, 36mm (35 mm equivalent) on the wide end is a tad long for me. Can anyone tell me if there is a decent wide angle auxiliary lense for this camera, similar to the wide angle adaptors available for Nikon and other compact digitals? Thanks.

DanO

PS; Any other experiences with this camera would be appreciated.

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    From what I hear...adaptors for fixed lens cameras are usually unsatisfactory. The built-in lens is not the best quality and the accessory lens is probably much worse. Might be OK for snapshots & web viewing but not OK for printing.

Have you checked the shutter lag of that camera? Most point & shoot digital cameras have a substantial shutter lag...it waits between the time you press the button and the time it records the photo. Your wife will find this very annoying when shooting sports. This will probably be the case with most compact digitals.