Wild Horses

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Digging through some geology photos taken a couple years ago I ran across these. The nikon 990 didn't do 'em justiice. Hope I saved them at least good enough for web documentation. Comments?

720c6474-1.jpg

720c6474-2.jpg

720c6471.jpg

I know they're not cutsie or wearing little horsie clothes but, anything?-

They're getting rare out here in the desert. The Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service are going through special effort to track them down and exterminate them.

Pretty good captures you have here. I would have to say that nubmer one is my favorite.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Cool shootin. I gotta go with the first as my fave as well. Nice one.

They're getting rare out here in the desert. The Bureau of Land Management and National Park Service are going through special effort to track them down and exterminate them.

Why would they want to do that? Are wild horses that much of a threat?

I really like #1.

Thanks Spacenut, AUZambo and Tangerini. Lookslike #1 is what I'll run with.

Why would they want to do that? Are wild horses that much of a threat?

They're part of the problem regarding the destruction of habitat. Burros are the worst of what can be controlled. There have been horror stories of shooting them from helicopters and running them to death. They do try to adopt them out and have even relocated some to Nevada. From what I saw a few days ago, cattle are messing up springs and tend to overgraze. However, cattle are owned by ranchers and they still claim grazing rights over large portions of the reserve. Very controversial.

Out of the five that were in the group, the two shown here ended up becoming very aggressive toward my friend's truck. At first I thought they were escapees from a ranch, but none of them had been shoed.

VERY nicely done.

abraxas... how we doing.... ok I think these are cool, and the pinkish cast look here kinda adds to the pics, reminds me of the old kodak brownie cameras, and how the prints turned after years...

but anyway, all three are interesting captures , and the story with them...

but I'm picking #2 just because it reminds me of a shot that could be a beautiful painting ... Glad ya dug em out!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back