Will the D7000 go down in price in another year?

snapsnap1973

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi.

I noticed that when the D5100 came out in 2011 it was $900 with the kit lens and now it's about $599. Also, I think the D7000 was $1495(?) when it came out and now as a kit it's $1199. Do camera prices continue to fall as newer models come out or do they stabalize at a certain price?

For instance, will the D7000 go down more in price when the D7100 comes out?

You wont be able to buy a new one in a year, most likely.

The successor will be out.

And you can of course already get a D7k much cheaper than the price in the shop. Just try the second hand market. Somebody always sells even the best cameras for a much nicer price than the original one.

Most probably.

How much? I'm hoping that in a year it'll be $300 with the 18-105 lens! LOL!

I'm no fortune-teller and I certainly can't tell you just how much the D7000 will come down in price this year, but I can tell you that I doubt you will find a D7000 WITH a 18-105 lens for $300...or $400...anytime this coming year, unless it is:
--Broken
--Stolen

You can, however, get some pretty good deals on used D7000s these days, and that will likely continue. I got one right after Thanksgiving, BODY ONLY, for about $650, which was a heck of a deal. MAYBE by the end of the year, you'd be able to get one WITH the lens for about that.

Most reactions

Back