KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out the back window of Amtrak's Coast Starlight (train #14) between Chemult, OR and Eugene, OR.

WillameteForest.jpg

I like it !

It's ez pezzy!
THAT

Unfortunately, the back window on Amtrak trains is usually dirty and they are tinted. It's actually a window in a door.
There's no way I can clean the outside of the window, but I do clean the inside.
I can clean the the lower level boarding vestibule windows, and if I think I can get away with it without getting caught, I open the vestibule window.
Indeed, the vestibule windows are the only windows on a Superliner car that can be opened.

On my last Amtrak train ride I shot a video clip as we were slowed down nearing the Tucson station by holding the camera out the vestibule window.
While I had it out the window we passed a Union Pacific work crew. In the video you can see 2 of the 3 guys (2:06 into the video) waved as I go by.
They ratted me out.
I got reprimanded by the sleeper car attendant, and a couple of hours later the conductor visited the vestibule while I was shooting clips through the window and reminded me that opening the windows was a no no.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back