Winter Landscape Pano

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a shot that's making me go hmmm... it is getting more attention than I expected elsewhere.
The major thing I'm iffy on is the "focus" on the tree on the right, it looks much better BIG so maybe size does matter?

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
The histogram tells the story......

It's actually pretty nice, just too bright for me.

Thanks Jeff, I suppose you could say that histogram was intentionally like that, I wanted it to "fade out" so my bad? ;)

No, no. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, and if you were shooting for that effect and succeeded - kudos! A lot of your work is abstract or damn near it, and I suppose this would fall into the latter.

I like this. I must admit that I do often like shots that are bright and fading to white. It is airy and spacious. I like the depth of the darker foreground trees on the lighter background ridge.

A negative is the overall gradient of light from the left becoming progressively darker to the right. The tree is a focal point of the image, especially with the sun-ray almost pointing to it, so it's a bummer that it is somewhat OOF. It doesn't kill the image for me as the image is about the overall mood (at least as I experience it)

Desi

No, no. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, and if you were shooting for that effect and succeeded - kudos! A lot of your work is abstract or damn near it, and I suppose this would fall into the latter.
Thanks, I'm always afraid when posting stuff with glaring "errors", like the blown sky here, that it appears unintentional and like an error. That would be the worst result imho. Guilty on the abstract(y) thing lol ;)
Sorry Pix ...I just can not get behind this one..... But I know you like it.
Thanks Mully, all good, being honest I think this is an ok to good shot, I achieved a lot of what I set out to achieve "technically" BUT I think the subject leaves a bit to be desired somehow. I really like the concept and think it has great potential.

Thanks Desi :) Pretty much my thoughts, I like it but there is room for improvement ;)

I like it. In fact, I have one similar to it.

The bald white sky on the left really hurts it. Beside the tree, there really is nothing of significant visual interest in this photo. The foreground is flat and uninteresting terrain, without anything for scale. You know me...I won't pull punches...it's not very good...the iPhone 5 has a built-in automatic panorama feature....panos are now easier than ever...

Thanks Derrel, at the very least it is a great learning tool ;)

I like the panoramic landscape but I think there would be more balance if the sky were different--perhaps with long, stretched high clouds to counteract the barren foreground.

Sorry Judi, I prefer you taking on clearly abstract themes. Such a large vista is something new from you.

Thanks Timor and Fanboy :)

I like it, but for me I think it needs to be toned back and maybe a little more contrasts. Just not enough to take away from the overall vastness of the scene.

Most reactions

Back