Winter wonderland, critics welcome :)

Jklersy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went for a short walk in the snow this morning and tried to capture my path in the falling snow.
pathlesstraveled.jpg

snowybridge.jpg

leavesontree.jpg

They remind me of home. Which is MN. Which I will be going back to for christmas in a few days. I will be taking many pictures like this over the next week and a half. Walking around when my parents are at work. What settings/equipment did you use?

I like all the compositions, but they look a tad hazy to me.

Its snowing like crazy here, so i think that and the chance that some snow landed on the end of the lens might be the problem. I was using an xt with the old 35mm kit lens, 28-90mm f4-5.6. I should have brought my nifty fifty but its too late cause i have to help a friend move in this crap.

the whtie ballance looks off as well as hazy.....

I found the footprints hard to distinguish i.e. little contrast. I took one pic & played with it in PhotoScape (free download). I used the backlight tool to help define the dark areas, the auto balance & a little sharpening.

pathlesstraveled.jpg

Just my amateur opinion, but the first and third would be better if the bottom 1/4 was cropped out. Beautiful landscape BTW.

thanks for the edit! i like it. and now that i look i think it could use a different crop. thanks for the input :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back