Woohoo, go me!

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Okay, so it's pretty meaningless to about 99.9999% of the population, but I'm proud of myself. I put up my 2nd ever clean sheet (shutout) yesterday at our soccer match. I really owe most of it to my defence, but I had to come up with a few decent saves.

:D :D :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Back in my single days I was shut out a few times when I tried to score...does that count? :scratch:

Walt said:
Back in my single days I was shut out a few times when I tried to score...does that count? :scratch:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats Shark!

Ugh, talk about turnarounds. We had our indoor match tonight and we got taken to the woodshed. Yeesh. Score was only 4-2, and the ones they scored on me were pretty much unstoppable, but jesus was this team dirty. We've got a history with them, as last session I...umm...kinda collided with one of their players and broke a couple of his ribs. :angel:

They were kicking us as often as they were kicking the ball though, and just down and ugly dirty playing. Plus they managed to bring in 3 or 4 ringers, including a ringer keeper. Damn I'm battered and bruised tonight! :|

Congrats.

I used to play keeper in soccer (until I discovered football & rugby). I have one game that I will always remember. We were a newly formed team in the indoor club league, (top league in the city). We got our butts handed to us just about every game. We were playing Juventis, the top team and they should have killed us. They had tons of shots and plenty of break-aways. I was in "the zone" that day and pulled out a huge win for the team.

Big Mike said:
Congrats.

I used to play keeper in soccer (until I discovered football & rugby). I have one game that I will always remember. We were a newly formed team in the indoor club league, (top league in the city). We got our butts handed to us just about every game. We were playing Juventis, the top team and they should have killed us. They had tons of shots and plenty of break-aways. I was in "the zone" that day and pulled out a huge win for the team.

Schweet. When we first started indoor at this place we play now, the over 30 league was full, so we ended up in the 'unlimited' division--mostly a bunch of college players keeping in shape in the off-season. Yeeeeesh 14-2 was a good score for us. Last game of the session though we absolutely shut down a team that had pounded us a couple weeks before. Next session we went into the over 30 league and went undefeated. :D

Nice...

I've also been on both winning & losing teams. Winning all the time is nice but there really is a special feeling about being a huge underdog and coming up big...if only for one game.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back