limr

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh come ON, tell me this landscape doesn't just BEG for a gorn!!

Gorn.jpg

(And yes, it's intentionally cheesy. I was inspired by the original ;) )

Last edited:
Looks real to me. :) I have played a bit with this in photo shop. Definitely can get involved.

Power Rangers?

Oh I saw that on mythbusters.

well.....you are doing better than i am at it. i can say that much...

Sometimes I forget just how low budget that original series was and how silly it looked.

And this is another reason I could never live in Arizona: I would see gorns everywhere and gorns are never NOT funny.

I'm jealous - been working with PS for over 15 years and used all kinds of layers but I never had an image with a gorn layer.

Add a little shadow and it'll be perfect.

Do gorns have shadows?

Oooh, good question. I think you need to watch that video I posted to figure it out :D

Gotta learn how to do that first!
It's easy.

select, fill, rotate, flip, blur, fade and distort.

Tonight, I'll translate those instructions into Corel-speak and see what I can do. Because of course we want to make the gorn look more natural ;)

But seriously - I did watch a video of someone using Photoshop and it took me 5-10 minutes just to figure out how to find the same tools in Corel because they are named differently and placed in different toolbars.

Do gorns have shadows?

Oooh, good question. I think you need to watch that video I posted to figure it out :D

Gotta learn how to do that first!
It's easy.

select, fill, rotate, flip, blur, fade and distort.

Tonight, I'll translate those instructions into Corel-speak and see what I can do. Because of course we want to make the gorn look more natural ;)

But seriously - I did watch a video of someone using Photoshop and it took me 5-10 minutes just to figure out how to find the same tools in Corel because they are named differently and placed in different toolbars.

I am fluent in both languages. Although I prefer adobe speak.

I'm taking a PhotoShop class right now. Our instructor would have made us add a shadow to the Gorn, make the lighting hitting the Gorn reflect the lighting of the background picture, put the tree branch in front of the Gorn, blend the feet slightly in the soil and added William Shatner.

Vasquez Rocks, just a bit north of Los Angeles. Toss your Gorn in these images.

_MG_9822-01-XL.jpg

Vasquez%20Rocks%20I%20-%2030-L.jpg

_MG_9734-01-XL.jpg

Vasquez%20Rocks%20I%20-%206-L.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back