pics of a dancer

xzyragon

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one do you guys prefer? Or are there any crops you'd rather see? This is not a finished product whatsoever, but it seems like a cool idea with lots of potential.

IMG_9582-2 by christophercoxphoto, on Flickr

thanks in advance

Last edited:
I thought this was layers of several images.
In that situation I would edit one to be the primary and let the others be ghost images.
If this is a multiple exposure, I don't think it works as the figure is so muddled.

sorry.

Lew

What exactly were you going for here? The images as they are made my brain hurt.

you mean dump the multi flash idea completely?

I'm assuming from this that you did a long exposure with multiple flashes throughout to capture the completed image?

I agree with the sentiments already stated that this doesn't quite work for me...I'm fairly certain that I'm familiar with what you're going for...Is it something like this?

http://vonwong.smugmug.com/Galleries/FullRez/i-Z5j2Bbp/8/S/DSC_0462-Edit-Edit-2-S.jpg

Sorry for the link...I'm not 100% confident of my understanding of the pic posting policies and don't want to cause problems.

Anyway, I think that he did this with a couple different dancers (possibly composite) and just basically had a long exposure with the flash firing at the end of the movement. Cool effect!

If that's different than what you're going for...well, in that case I'm at a loss. :)

you mean dump the multi flash idea completely?

I'm assuming from this that you did a long exposure with multiple flashes throughout to capture the completed image?

I agree with the sentiments already stated that this doesn't quite work for me...I'm fairly certain that I'm familiar with what you're going for...Is it something like this?

http://vonwong.smugmug.com/Galleries/FullRez/i-Z5j2Bbp/8/S/DSC_0462-Edit-Edit-2-S.jpg

Sorry for the link...I'm not 100% confident of my understanding of the pic posting policies and don't want to cause problems.

Anyway, I think that he did this with a couple different dancers (possibly composite) and just basically had a long exposure with the flash firing at the end of the movement. Cool effect!

If that's different than what you're going for...well, in that case I'm at a loss. :)

i was kind of going for that. Probably would work better with a jump or move that didn't stack on itself. Thanks!

i was kind of going for that. Probably would work better with a jump or move that didn't stack on itself. Thanks!

I think you're right. Even using the "rear curtain sync" flash concept will probably leave you with a photo similar to this one if there's no vertical/lateral movement. He also mentioned that he had the dancers hold the final pose at the end....so like a spinny swirl move and then FREEZE + flash firing. That gives that definite "finish" with trails leading up to it.

Sorry, but those shots make the dancers face look like perhaps the Phantom of the Opera was a female. aaarrrggghhh

I think you're right. Even using the "rear curtain sync" flash concept will probably leave you with a photo similar to this one if there's no vertical/lateral movement. He also mentioned that he had the dancers hold the final pose at the end....so like a spinny swirl move and then FREEZE + flash firing. That gives that definite "finish" with trails leading up to it.

or just higher powered flash at start + finish, with maybe a continuous fill to light her while moving

Most reactions

Back