working on project for wife PLEASE help!!

Do you have a garage or a big Windows in your home? Just add a diffusion panels (i.e. thin white cloth) and a reflector (i.e. silver color car windshield shade), then you are all set and I personally think it is better than using those halogen lights. The draw back is you can only do it during the day and subjected to weather condition.

(maybe google garage photography studio or something similar and see if you can find some examples)

I am aware of the irony of posting a crappy cell phone picture of my own much better pictures on a photography forum....

Nonetheless

IMG_20160202_204235332 by John Bixler, on Flickr

I planned on making a makeshift "studio" in my mancave/basement, a black sheet for the backdrop and a few halogen work lights for my lighting

Don't worry about lights and studio and stuff like that until you actually learn how to take decent pictures with what nature gives you.
Particularly with children, they rarely ever look natural in front of lights.
You will get very tired, very quickly of pictures of loating heads looking at you with their mouuths open yelling.

Learn to take pictures of them when they are being real, not posing or yelling.
Take so many pictures that the sight of you holding a camera doesn't cause them to act out.

p754320387-5.jpg

p977812856-5.jpg

p63649277-5.jpg

no lights, no yelling.

Most reactions

Back