World Swimming trials photos

The thing about swimming is everything starts to look the same, there is only so much you can do with the same technical swim strokes. Tv has added more light to this pool so I've been playing with the backlight more than usual. Some of this stuff is a little underexposed so it's not your computer. Exposures are all over the place with new lights and water and depending on where in the pool I shoot, it changes every few feet. What's shooting without a few challenges.

I really like the first one. It's dark but it's cool. Lighting at swim meets is pretty challenging. For those that have never done it, there are lights above everything except for the pool. So basically the background is always brighter than the subject.

I shoot so much swimming that it starts to get boring, after I have all the client work done I play with the light and enjoy shooting a little more art type images.

I don't think the exposure is off that much...I personally would've brightened them a little more when processing the RAW's, but I still think the dark ones look pretty cool and you did a wonderful job.

You're right about swimming being boring, though...I like to do it once a year so I can diversify a little bit, but the images get very repetitive...

Thanks, I was pretty happy with the shoot overall, but the swimmers were really happy and that is what really matters. I shoot 4-5 big swim meets a year and it does get tough to be inspired after the third or fourth day.

The first one is fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back