worst thing that has ever happened while shooting?

Louisiana State Trooper.

Joe

Was shooting some night pics outside on the balcony. Thinking I'll come back later to do a few more shoots I went inside. A few beers in and I totally forget about it. Was woken in the morning saying I left my camera outside and it rained last night. Luckily it was just light showers and didn't damage anything.

I was gonna answer it was the day the back of my camera accidently popped open after shooting a basketball game and exposed all the film, but since this is posted in the Digital Discussion Q&A forum, I won't mention it.

Nor will I mention the time my Pentax MX took a nose-dive off the tripod and smashed up the pentaprism.

I also won't tell you about the time a classmate opened up my brand-new box of 100 sheets of photo paper in class to see if it was any good.

Good thing you didn't tell us. I would have had nightmares for weeks.

I took a self portrait.

Bride & father coming down the isle and my Camera shutter started to Leak light...a 1inch line of light horizontally across every photo. Switch to second camera on shoulder to save the day....70-200mm stops working complete...no focus, no connection with camera. Basically $6,500 worth of gear dead in the water within a minute! But thanks to back up gear and a second shooter all was well!

I once drove about an hour and a half out to get a very particular shot, only to get there and realize I had left the adapter for the lens at home. One time in Old St Augustine (Fl) I was taking a candid shot of my wife and I had a shopkeeper come after me with a broom. I've had my camera and lens (5dII and 24-70L) fall off of my tripod and split the lens in half on a wrought iron fence. . . .while on vacation. Yay me!

A dangerous rogue wave hit me and my EOS 50. I took the battery out immediately and left it on a towel on a radiator overnight. By some miracle it worked the next day, the lens too. Very lucky!

At the beach last month and the sun was really bright!! Put camera up to my eye to shoot a heron fishing in the surf and dang the eyecup was gone and with my glasses on I couldn't see the setting in the viewfinder window. Ended up throwing a towel over my head so I could see........

Was at Hearst Castle where flash photos not allowed indoors. Bumped up the ISO quite a bit to get some shots of the interiors. Hand held, dark rooms, no flash-they all sucked. The tour moved outside and I forgot to lower the ISO back. Wasn't reviewing as I shot so didn't realize it until we got back to the shuttle and I started scrolling back... ended up with 0 decent pics from that stop which is a bummer because there were some gorgeous vistas from atop the hill where the "ranch" is set and some really interesting rooms inside.

Digital discussion . . . hmmm . . .Hey Sparky, how's this:

Snapped the film out of the canister (manual advance) while shooting a game for high school yearbook. No place to open camera so I had to quit early. I would later want to scan those shots for Throwback Thursdays.

Shot a roll of Ectachrome at the wrong ISO and didn't realize it until after I had sent the roll off to be developed. Years later, I would want to scan those shots to JPEGs.

Had loaded a couple of canisters from a fairly new 100' roll of Tri-X (high school, again). We didn't have a bulk loader so I'd just use the arm stretch method, cut the film and spool it by hand. The problem was when I turned on the darkroom lights. I'd forgot to put the big roll back in the can. Years later, I would have liked to scan the shots that were junk because the film was flashed.

When the DSLR was new and I still only shot JPEGs, I took a bunch of photos with the wrong white balance.

Forgot CF card and stupid radioshack sells it for incredible high price.
+1 for this

Around '76 or '77 dropped me, my pack and my Pentax H1A in the Gila River on a two week packing vacation.

Forgot the 'New' Sony A77 uses SD cards, took 2 CF cards. Made a stop at Walmart.

I may think of others later

Phil

Went camping at the beach and did not realize until we got there that i had forgotten to pack color film in my bag. I only had about 15 rolls of B&W film which was for my Forensic Photography class.

As for digital, I can't remember where I had gone but it was some touristy place. I didn't know I had forgotten the CF card in the laptops card reader until I got to the place. It was a 5 hour drive each way so I wasn't going back and there wasn't anyplace nearby that sold the cards.

Getting trapped behind enemy lines and holing up for 24 hours in a French bakery with some Marines. I remember thinking to myself that "I don't want to die this way ... with frosting on my face".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back