worst thing that has ever happened while shooting?

I am known to lay on the ground, climb up on things, run after people, but this particular day my pants were not up to the task and split right in the crotch. I put my sweatshirt around my waist and kept shooting! :)

I am known to lay on the ground, climb up on things, run after people, but this particular day my pants were not up to the task and split right in the crotch. I put my sweatshirt around my waist and kept shooting! :)

Duct tape works to!;)

I've gone to shot before, just to realize that I left my camera on after downloading last. I've done this twice, it's like I have a disease!!!

It didn't happen to me but to a friend while we were shooting together with a few other people.

We were shooting a rather large waterfall (by volume;it wasn't very tall) and the rocks were slippery.

My friend, who was carrying his tripod and stepping from rock to rock to get to the other side, is a bigger guy and has a bad leg, slipped and fell.

He was fine with just a few scrapes but his camera almost went over the falls.

Oh and one time I was shooting a friend and his son at a skatepark for a journalism assignment and I had set my 70-200 on my bag.

Well he picked up the bag not noticing and the lens just rolled off onto the concrete. It was like a slow-motion car crash.

It didn't break but it almost ruined the filter threads.

I was shooting a catalog cover in the woods. It was for a leather company which made gun cases, holsters and accessories. I was using an 8x10 camera on a heavy tripod. While hiking to the location, I bashed the rear of the camera against a rock, breaking the ground glass into several pieces, which made composing and focusing impossible. I gathered up the largest of the glass pieces and after arriving at the proper spot, threw the dark cloth over the camera and proceeded to set up the shot by holding a piece of the ground glass in various places in the focusing frame. I lucked out and got the shot!

By the way, the ad agency guy who set up the stuff was hiding behind a rock. We didn't think to bring a walkie-talkie (pre-cell phone era) and had to communicate using hand gestures since we couldn't hear each other over the rushing water.

Bucheimer by artist21227, on Flickr

Last edited:
I was shooting a catalog cover in the woods. It was for a leather company which made gun cases, holsters and accessories. I was using an 8x10 camera on a heavy tripod. While hiking to the location, I bashed the rear of the camera against a rock, breaking the ground glass into several pieces, which made composing and focusing impossible. I gathered up the largest of the glass pieces and after arriving at the proper spot, I threw the dark cloth over the camera and proceeded to set up the shot by holding a piece of the ground glass in various places in the focusing frame. I lucked out and got the shot!

By the way, the ad agency guy who set up the stuff was hiding behind a rock. We didn't think to bring a walkie-talkie (pre-cell phone era) and had to communicate using hand gestures since we couldn't hear each other over the rushing water.

Bucheimer by artist21227, on Flickr

All of that happens, and you still pull off a great shot? You have some insane skills!!!:headbang::Hail.sml:

Being bullied on a daily basis, which increases with every visible success. (6 years and counting). Worst, individual, instance of which was having my camera bag kicked so hard (deliberately) the hard drive on my laptop failed and I had to take a day out getting it replaced at the Genius Bar - luckily, it was still under warranty. (Other, tricky, situations/hardware fails pale into insignificance)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back