Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so last night I was at work...putting stuff away on the shelf a little ways down the aisle from the pharmacy in-window (I work at Walgreens). There is a family behind me...mom, dad, toddler....they were waiting in line to get the perscription filled. Now, the kid is fussy, who can blame him. I wouldn't wanna just sit there in the cart doing nothing for 10-15 minutes. The parents keep yelling at him and scolding him, but he's still fussy and wanting to get out. All the sudden I hear a *smack* and the poor kid screams. Great way to quiet a child down and keep him content, eh? It made me so mad, I'm lucky I still have a job...I bit my toungue. Would this have made any of you mad if you were in my situation? This isn't the first time something like that has happened, and it ALWAYS makes me mad.

Well, I didn't see it as my back was turned, but I know it couldn't have been on the butt, cuz he was sitting in the shopping cart. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a little swat on the butt now and then when it's needed, but like I said...I heard a smack...skin on skin...then a shrill scream

That's the problem with mankind. Almost anybody can have kids. Most want them but when they have them they don't know how or even want to be parents.

Shark said:
I firmly believe that you should have to get a licence to have children. :?

Agreed!

I don't know if I would have been able to hold my tongue, I tend to give my opinion a lot when I should probably keep my mouth shut... Thanks mom!!

Well, only reason I bit my toungue was cuz I was working...didn't want to do something to cause me to lose my job.

Id be mad to...

Also...a Point...smacking your child dont help...In psychology we learnd that it dont teach the child anything :(

You have a right to be mad...but I guess its best to keep shut...cause its their child...even though a child isnt owned...parents may understand why better.

Shark said:
I firmly believe that you should have to get a licence to have children. :?

Absolutely! and also to vote!

One time I was walking down an isle in a supermarket. I noticed a lady was having a hard time with her child screaming. She was making it far worse by yelling at the child to stop. She was acting quite belligerent and started swearing at the kid. I waited for a pause and calmly told her "If you didn't want kids you should have kept your legs shut" and walked away.

I believe in punishment and have no problem with a spanking. But punishment is not about taking out your anger on your child because of something they do. It's your job to raise the kid and mentor them by example and discipline...

voodoocat said:
One time I was walking down an isle in a supermarket. I noticed a lady was having a hard time with her child screaming. She was making it far worse by yelling at the child to stop. She was acting quite belligerent and started swearing at the kid. I waited for a pause and calmly told her "If you didn't want kids you should have kept your legs shut" and walked away.

I believe in punishment and have no problem with a spanking. But punishment is not about taking out your anger on your child because of something they do. It's your job to raise the kid and mentor them by example and discipline...

Aw...Noah is a lucky kid! I agree with that opinion completely. :)

Kid's behaviour is often derived from what they see, especially the parents. I don't mind of a parent has to spank the kid to get him/her to learn. What I am bothered by, are those parents who never bothered to teach their kids, then lose their temper when things get out of control.

Also, I can't stand people who spank their dogs. Obviously those a55holes know nothing about love.

When I was younger, my mom would smack the **** out of my brother and I, and you know what? We deserved it. Raise your own children and let other people discipline theirs. You can't tell in a brief encounter everything that kid has done and what works to make sure he behaves. Sorry, no offense. I just don't like it when people tell others how to raise their children.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back