Would you say that this picture is correctly exposed?

cedric07

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Everything is in the title.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2015-05-25 à 10.23.03.png
    Capture d’écran 2015-05-25 à 10.23.03.png
    168.8 KB · Views: 152
As the photographer, you're the only person who can make that determination. IMO, it's appropriately exposed, and the way I'd expect the scene to appear were no additional lighting used.

Thanks a lot tirediron. I kept it an open question to not influence the answers. But as for me, i find it a bit overexposed, as the highlights on the branches on the ground (that i tried to reduce in post processing) are a bit burnt out for instance. But i want to have opinions from fresh eyes...
thanks
cedric

Are you able to go back?
Try to expose for the the brightest thing, which is usually the sky. You can usually recover a lot of detail from shadows, but not highlights.

Why is the photo so small? 491 x 403.
It isn't possible to see it well at that size.
And almost .5 megabytes.
I suggest you show your pictures at about 1100 x 900, in that range and at about 50% compression.
That will give much larger visible files and smaller in bytes.

Your call, really, but it looks OK to me. Usually I don't mind very small areas with very bright highlights like this.

As an aside, and I know you didn't ask about this, I would crop on the left to remove some of the light area in the upper left, which seems to me to be a little distracting. This might also improve the composition because most of the interesting elements (at least to me) are on the right and in the center.

Most reactions

Back