Ian63

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
westynimages.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
11357138_10152892991983870_8817656930909446624_o.jpg

Couples and individuals.... for a moment they all seemed to just line up... like some kind of random natural balance. I don't know... that's what I saw anyway.

It's an okay shot as far as the placement of the people goes...the ferry boats in the background, and the mountains behind the boy's head are nice elements. It DOES have a sort of random feeling to it, a sort of slice-of-time feeling. I'm not overly fond of the halo'd, high-contrast almost litho film look to the processing, but it does serve to make the scene more abstracted...the high-contrast processing renders the scene in a way that makes us step back a bit, and forces a bit of the photographic process onto the viewer. One of my old art professors loved this type of exceptionally high-contrast type of image, which we used to get by printing on ultra-hard Agfa TP6 photographic paper, a "Grade 6" paper that looked a lot like this (minus the digital haloing)!

If this shot were processed to a normal contrast, the water would "come back", and that might greatly alter the image, probably for the worse.

Gents, thank you for your observations. I wanted a "graphic novel" look for this photo. I realize that it is not appealing to everyone... nonetheless, thank you once again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back