WTB Starter SLR Camera

jerefish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just looking for something reliable for a first time SLR camer owner. I have a baby on the way in 20 weeks (eeeekkkk) and want to get some great shots. Let me know what you have and how much.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Congrats on the imminent baby!

As for a DSLR. I'd suggest you go with a black one that has white lettering below the popup flash.

Just looking for something reliable for a first time SLR camer owner. I have a baby on the way in 20 weeks (eeeekkkk) and want to get some great shots. Let me know what you have and how much.

Thanks,
Jeremy

1st decide on the budget

2nd go to your local camera shop or department store which deals with cameras and see what they have to offer. They can answer all your questions which will give you a better understanding of what you're looking instead of a beginner DSLR. Its all relative with the price. Also keep in mind any DSLR with a kit lens will work fairly well and as you go up in price, the camera tends to do more things. Also consider an external flash, I find that the kit lenses and internal flash work OK but nothing spectacular and you will find yourself missing a lot of photos.

3rd decide on the brand which will please you the most

4th come here and see if anyone is selling the equipment you were looking at for a cheaper price

5th make a decision whether to buy new or used

6th might want to check craiglist, sometimes I find some wicked deals on there like this:

Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

UPDATED: Some stuffs are sold. All listed price are FIRM. Don't ask me what's my best price. Don't ask me call you unless you want to setup a meeting for transaction. Don't flag my post because I ignore you low ball. Someone offered $700 for 24-70/2.8 AND SB800. If I said yes, dare you come? If you have any questions about the lenses, feel free to email me. Thanks.

The camera and ALL lenses were purchased in Canada and still covered by Nikon Canada 5 years warranty. All original boxes, manuals,accessories, warranty cards and receipts will be provided.

I am not a professional, so all gears are used only slightly and babied. They are all in like new condition without ANY scratches, dents or defects. I am just finally tired of carrying all these boat anchors to take a few family photos here and there.

You will save hundreds of dollars than buying new and get peace of mind than buying from ebay.

I am living in Burnaby. I am not waiting for the money to pay off my debt, so please don't low ball. Thanks.

SOLD Nikon D700 body (shutter release 3160) $1700 SOLD
SOLD Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 $1300 SOLD
Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 $1450
Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 VR (G1) $1350
Nikon 24mm f/1.4 $1850
SOLD Nikon 85mm f/1.8 $350 SOLD
Nikon 35mm f/2 $250
SOLD Nikon 50mm f/1.8 $110 SOLD
Nikon Ai-s 105mm f/2.5 $170
SOLD Nikon SB800 flash $300 SOLD
SOLD Nikon D50 DSLR $150 SOLD
Genuine Nikon EN-EL3e battery $40
Genuine Nikon EN-EL3 battery $20
B+W 77mm UV MRC $50
B+W 77mm UV F-Pro Coated $30
Lowepro CompuTrek AW Camera backpack $100
Lowepro Edge300 Camera bag $20
Lowepro Rezo TLZ20 Camera bag $10

Good luck,

Look on the same page I happen to run across this...

I just scouted out our local CL - holy smokes are there some (seemingly, at least) good deals there!

Too bad I'm not up for buying one. :grumpy:

No longer looking, bought a XT from a friend and love it. Thanks!

No longer looking, bought a XT from a friend and love it. Thanks!

Good choice, I knew you'd love the black one with the white lettering right below the pop up flash. Everyone loves it.

Edit: I see you purchased the XT. Silver camera... Bold move, sir. Bold move.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back