Your flickr pro account: would you renew it?

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mine is about to expire relatively soon so i am thinking about renewing it or not.

Are there other, maybe better alternatives?

Personally I think I'm going to create a smugmug account instead of renewing my Flickr Pro Account. I like the customization of smugmug and the private galleries and ability for people to purchase shots.
TJ

I think if you want to go down the rout of retail - that is selling your prints then a group like Smugmug is a better commercial option (certainly for US members of the site). However for pure image hosting flickr is one of the best - it certainly gives you more for your money than many image hosts (no limits upload and no limits storage are big things in the image world).

Further flickr does have some retail application in that you can order prints through them - possibly more suited to a family/friend setup than a commercial approach, but good enough for the odd print here and there (and honestly if it really is just the odd print here and there nothing stops you just ordering a print from a highquality printing lab anyway).

I just renewed mine last night. My only complaint with flickr is some of the organizing hassles, but otherwise I do enjoy it.

I have my own website, so I have a flickr account and post low resolutions just for the exposure. That said, I haven't renewed my pro account in over a year.

I just renewed mine last night. My only complaint with flickr is some of the organizing hassles, but otherwise I do enjoy it.

I too hate their organization. Their UI isn't very new-user-friendly. When I first started there, I found myself googling "how do I _____ on flickr" a lot.

I keep it because I like the simplicity of printing my stuff cheaply as well as the ability to share your shots with many. My work gets viewed more than if it were on its own website where the only viewers would be coming in from my links and the random search engine result. Another plus is that most people I know upload more often to Flickr than to their photoblogs/other sites. Makes it easy to keep track of latest photos from people on here that I subscribe to like TJ and Overread.

Keep in mind that I'm a hobbyist. If I needed a place to display my professional portfolio, I'd go with something more professional.

I renewed mine a few weeks back. For now it suits what I need, I know my way around and have quite a few contacts on there I like to keep in touch with. None of that stops me making use of anything else alongside it should the need arise.

My flickr pro account is up for renewal soon and I definitely plan on renewing! Unlimited storage is nice, and I enjoy the social aspects of flickr. I have fallen in with a great group of people and they make flickr very enjoyable for me.

I like mine... I'm planning to put together a photoshelter account, but until then I'll be on flickr, and probably still after that. It's pretty cheap and has a decent amount of stuff to offer, I think.

Once I get my photoshelter account going I'll use PS for stuff I own the rights to (so I can sell it) and flickr for stuff I don't own the rights to (so I can just display it) until my pro account runs out atleast.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back