Your processing in Lightroom or Photoshop

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you do? I am curious to see about peoples work methods so i can learn a bit because i just recently started getting into PS and Lightroom. Thanks in advance!

I use mostly lightroom...photoshop is only once in a while.

Well first obviously I delete all the junk...then usually every photo is different, but usually I start with lightroom preset of sharpening (portrait or landscape) and straighten the horizon if it needs it. I then crop out anything that shouldn't be in the photo. After that, white balance and any exposure settings that need to be fixed are fixed. Most photos are set after that, but if it's something that needs a little more punch I'll play with vibrance and clarity and etc...

Edits are done with the original RAW image.

Import RAWs into lightroom. I work with it there and edit it in photoshop if I need something fancier. The fact is lightroom does most everything a photographer needs. The only time I edit in photoshop is when I'm doing more of a graphic artist type work, like liquifying, adding strange glow effects, making composites etc.

Ok, thanks! Can i get more examples on how people work so i can get a better idea of this whole thing?

I use Lightroom to import my pictures and put them in a folder named the location and the date of the shoot.

Then I usually just go through them all and delete complete junk (blurred, badly under or overexposed, something got in the way of what I intended to capture etc.).

After that I start to go through and edit, firstly the exposure then color using Lightroom and then finish it off with CS3. I just right click (CTRL-click depending on what computer I am using) and edit so that it will save the edited image and I can compare before/after and stack the images on top of each other.

I love Lightroom by the way, probably 85% of my PP work is done there. With maybe sharpening, skin smoothing and couple other random things in CS3. I even print directly from LR.

wow, sounds like I need to get LightRoom!

I use lightroom and photoshop. The majority of my workflow is done in lightroom, importing, adjusting white balance, exposure etc. I use Photoshop if I want to apply artist filters to the image.

I use both. They both have their intended proposes, neither is an end-all-be-all of eachother, they're meant to supplement eachother. LR for the batch processing and organization, PS for the pixel-by-pixel stuff.

Most reactions

Back