Your review about these lighting kit? Please..

arnon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trinity Nano Studio Flash Lighting Kit

Think I have found just what I'm after! but as always I would love your valuable opinions if any of you have tried and tested these before.
I love getting new photography equipment!!

These look like they use the same manufacturer that Lencarta uses. Again if you are going to use these for professional use I wouldn't risk going with a no-name brand with little support. It is not snob factor but lights work very hard much harder than the camera. Lencarta is the only budget range I would recommend and their smart flash is a very similar price if budget is of concern. If you are going to run a studio where kids will run around you will need to spend much more on lighting equipment as you will either need heavy C-stands (15-20kg steel ones) or ceiling track or wall boom lighting as kids will knock over light aluminium stands like the ones in the kit shown.

Never heard of this company, but that doesn't mean much. It seems like a run-of-the-mill home studio type kit. A few things that strike me as less than ideal: The modelling lamps are only 75 watts; that's NOT going to be terribly useful. The included SB is only 20x26" which is NOT very large at all, and I see no mention of fan-cooling or auto-dump. Recycle time seems respectable, but flash duration is a little on the long side...

Obviously, I can't speak to build-quality, durability, etc, but assuming that is accptable, I'd say this is a nice little set-up for some home studio work. I would consider buying another umbrella however, as I don't see getting a lot of use out of that soft-box.

I'm curious; your location is listed as New York; why are you looking at this set-up and not something from B&H or Adorama? The Adorama Flashpoint series is very well regarded as an excellent value for the money in consumer-grade lighting.

The specs look OK (except the modeling light is only 75 watts) but I agree that you're probably better off going with more of a 'brand name' system.

Your profile says you are in/from New York, so I'm wondering why you linked to a British website :scratch:. If you are in NY, check out something like the Flashpoint strobes from Adorama.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back