Your thought's about making the switch?

forzaF1

Ultimate Ferrari Tifosi
Reaction score
Website
johnburrowphotography.fotki.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After being dumbfounded by this new EOS 1D MkIII, I have gotten this sudden urge to start stuffing the piggy bank on my way to one of those, or an upgraded version by the time I get to $8000, or however much Canon decides to put the price at. The 10FPS for 110 consecutive shots really impressed me.

The problem at hand is that, for the last 5 years now, I have been loyally shooting Nikon, and Nikon only. Right now, I have been having a great time with my D200, 18-200mm VR, 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, and other goodies. I really like Nikon, and I know that the D3X should be coming out any day now, but I just get this feeling that Canon is a bit superior to Nikon at the pro level.

As you might have noticed, I like having the best. I take so many pictures that I have a cow when I notice a bit of noise, or some other imperfection in my photos, but I know it's usually human error, because my D200 is definitely no slouch.

So, what do you guys think- Should I save up to move to the Canon pro level cameras, along with sacrificing all my Nikon lenses, etc., or should I just stick with Nikon, now that I have spent a good amount of time with them.

Thanks a lot,

John

If you have all the extra for the Nikon why would you switch?
You'd have to start all over again with lenses and accessories.
Or you could shoot both... depending on your mood.

I think you're just gettin' excited.

Just hold your horses.

I wouldn't be too worried about that. That handful are shooting Nikon with good results even if more people are doing the same with a Canon system. I would definitely at least wait to see Nikon's next offerings before making the decision to trade everything in.

That switch would cost you a hell lot of money (all the extras and ... and ... lenses!!!).

Also, you are sort of used to handling a Nikon, which is at least for me very different from handling a Canon.

Even though I am a happy Canonite, I suggest you wait so see what Nikon will offer next , and then decide ...

WOW!!! I wishI could make a statement like that I think you have a little bit too much money. If you want to make the switch that's fine but don't expect too significant a difference in your images you can't really fairly compare the D200 to the EOS 1D they are not the same level of camera.

I think you have a little bit too much money.

;)
Well, some have it all!

But there never is something like too much money ;)

Also, for some it is a question of priority ... I guess there are people who would ürefer to eat and drink less, than to not buy that new camera ;)

The Nikon materials you have are very good, stay with what you have. If you're going to switch, wait another year until Leica comes out with its pro-SLR to replace the current R-line. THAT would be money well spent!

John, If that's really the way your feel then You will not be happy till you get a Haselblad.

Well, just it is spelled slightly different ;)

preview_photokina_017.jpg

To me MF Cameras are more for Studio work and architectural photography. They are not too feasible for journalism and travel photography. Also wildlife photography poses a problem since long lenses should be VERY long then ;)

I won't sue you, but I will force you to remember next time ;) ..... it is
preview_photokina_018.jpg

sorry, I got carried away ;)

And this is my post 3000 !

WOW!!! I wishI could make a statement like that I think you have a little bit too much money. If you want to make the switch that's fine but don't expect too significant a difference in your images you can't really fairly compare the D200 to the EOS 1D they are not the same level of camera.

I never said that I was anywhere near being able to buy a camera like that, or that I ever would. I was just very impressed with it, and I thought that they might make a new 5D-ish model sometime soon, but I won't be picking up a new camera for a very long time now. I DEFINITELY don't have too much money, but I wish I did LOL. When I buy some new photo gear, it's usually after a good bit of saving.

I also wasn't comparing those two cameras. I was just stating that the new EOS 1D was a very impressive camera.

Thanks for all the comments guys,

John

Most reactions

Back