Youth Wrestling Take Down

Dave127

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is 2 of the shots I took at the state tournament. Please honest opinions Thanks

BR0049.jpg

And the second

Cradle
BR0050.jpg

honest opinoin... he needs to use his right knee to block the top guys hips for an easier return. and 2ndly the 2nd pic is not a cradle....

picture wise i like the first seeing the reaction on the kids face. i also shoot wrestling and have the same proble i see in yours... the unnatural look of the flash. i dont mind it so much but i would like to figure out how to get brighter pics with less flash

I know it can be hard, but I would like to see more of the faces in the second shot.

honest opinoin... he needs to use his right knee to block the top guys hips for an easier return. and 2ndly the 2nd pic is not a cradle....

picture wise i like the first seeing the reaction on the kids face. i also shoot wrestling and have the same proble i see in yours... the unnatural look of the flash. i dont mind it so much but i would like to figure out how to get brighter pics with less flash

LOL I originally posted 3 shots, the last was a cradle, but the pictures were sized way to small. When I fixed it, I left out the 3rd by accident.

I agree on the flash especially on paste white skin. I was shooting with a 30D, ISO 200, and my 70-200 2.8 IS at 2.8. The same day, there was a pro company that had 8 strobes on wireless shooting with 5 1dsMark3’s. They had no problems with lighting or higher ISO’s that’s for sure.

I am going to a 580EX from my 430, and may try the ring or some other type of diffuser that the strobist recommends or may try some gels for a more natural look.

The promised cradle with blur on the right leg

IMG_1703.jpg

I know it can be hard, but I would like to see more of the faces in the second shot.

I always try and catch the expressions, but cathching the action is more of the chalange.

Thanks

Most reactions

Back