You've got a great camera....

lambertpix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so we've all heard that one, but I heard a new one this weekend. I wound up taking prom pictures for a bunch of kids (1st couple was a friend of the family, and the the rest crawled out of the woodwork, I think). Anyway, I got a note from one of the moms saying thanks (which was appreciated), and adding, "My cell phone pics are not so great. I blame the wind. ;-)".

So, there you go -- **my** IS is so good it'll make the wind stop blowing. Lol.

Ok, so we've all heard that one, but I heard a new one this weekend. I wound up taking prom pictures for a bunch of kids (1st couple was a friend of the family, and the the rest crawled out of the woodwork, I think). Anyway, I got a note from one of the moms saying thanks (which was appreciated), and adding, "My cell phone pics are not so great. I blame the wind. ;-)".

So, there you go -- **my** IS is so good it'll make the wind stop blowing. Lol.

Idiots amongst us.....
Just laugh

"Wow! That's a nice camera! I bet it takes great pi'chers!"

Ohhhh, how many times have I heard that one!

That's part of the allure of using a Nikon F or F2, or a big, gripped SLR or d-slr with a $1700 lens. You get all the cool compliments. ;-)

I was taking photos of my nephew playing hockey last week and i had the 70-200 2.8mkII on and a guy cam up and asked me how far that would zoom. So i showed him, he then proceed to pull out his point and shoot to show me his camera could zoom further.

So chatting with him he inevitably asked me what i payed for it so i told him. Holly ****!! he says. Well that just opened the door to alot of questions. Trying to vaguly explain why i was using such a expensive lens, his wife cam over and saved me by dragging him off to get some photos of his grandson.

I complimented someone on his D800 and 70-200 VRII yesterday. I bet his pictures were great.

I saw someone just yesterday carrying a D600 with the 24-85 on it. I assume that is how he bought it. While I was taking tons of photo's I took a quick break to talk with my friend and watching him out of the corner of my eye noticed that as he came to the most interesting part of the trail (Bridal Veil Falls: a magnificently tall waterfall), he didn't take a single photo. I assume that he bought the D600 with the 24-85 as a "kit" from Amazon and based on the way he was holding it, he didn't use it very often. It must take great photo's, hopefully he uses it well :), otherwise, I could always use a upgrade for my D3200 haha.

I can only imagine what people think of me when they see the cameras I carry around :)

Me too, besides using vintage cameras, I have some that don't exactly qualify as vintage but look like they've been dragged around for years... even one of lenses I use on my digital camera (that I just added a dent to a couple of weekends ago).

Maybe camera manufacturers can use that Lambertpix to promote their lenses - can outshoot the wind!

Me too, besides using vintage cameras, I have some that don't exactly qualify as vintage but look like they've been dragged around for years... even one of lenses I use on my digital camera (that I just added a dent to a couple of weekends ago).

Maybe camera manufacturers can use that Lambertpix to promote their lenses - can outshoot the wind!

It can't be me -- how would they sell new kits that way?

Lol.

"Wow! That's a nice camera! I bet it takes great pi'chers!"

Ohhhh, how many times have I heard that one!

That's part of the allure of using a Nikon F or F2, or a big, gripped SLR or d-slr with a $1700 lens. You get all the cool compliments. ;-)

This is why I love my Hasselblad. Nobody has any idea what it is. RARELY do people actually think it's a camera... :lol: "That's some pretty cool surveying equipment!"

If you could put a battery grip on a cell phone they would probably look pretty impressive lol

I'm a newb, but my pictures have been improving steadily. Whenever I post anything on facebook, it inevitably gets at least one variation on:

"Wow, you're getting some great pictures! Makes me want a new camera!"

Yeah. My T3 is *super awesome* (sarcasm). It has NOTHING to do with the hours of practice and work I've been putting in.

She was obviously hitting on you... ;)

I normally get the opposite reaction when they see my FUJI.

"When you get a better camera, your pictures will get better"

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back