Z7ii vs D850 (not the same ol question)

This points out the importance of planning ahead, and buying accordingly. Were 2 bodies available when you bought the first one? Conditions change, of course, and I don't wish to sound critical. Good luck!
I did plan ahead, just did not know I had to plan that far ahead. I forgot to factor in a pandemic causing supply issues.

When I bought my D850 in 2018 they had just been released and were selling as fast as they could get them in stock. I may have been able to get a second one at the time, but it would not have made good financial sense.

Then a pandemic happened and I did very little shooting over 2020 and just picking up a little in 2021. Again I have known I wanted another body but it did not make financial sense.

2 months ago I booked a large client and one that is likely to provide a lot of future work. I also have some of my other "normal" gigs picking back up again. Now it makes financial sense.

I did pick up a z7ii and the 50mm 2.8. It is defiantly different. I have been playing with it a bit around the house.

I have been sick the last few days so I plan to practice with it more this weekend and then first client shoot next Wednesday. Then a big one that weekend.

After that, I will be consolidating gear and selling off older stuff.

Most reactions

Back