Zoomed vs up-close details

I don't understand how that i related to my situation?

Maybe you should not shoot in RAW
Shoot in Fine large JPEG
take post processing out of the equation to improve your photographic skills

and then

Practice,
practice
practice

if you are having problems left and right then you DO NOT know the ISO / Shutter / Aperture well enough yet.

thus

Practice,
practice
practice

you are focusing too much on irrelevant theory. Lens design - straight vs curved AND quantity of aperture blades (and the lens elements themselves) help define the bokeh.

But if you must
Bokeh basics and intuition from lens equations: Open Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

Also, since you only have the kit lens 15-55 and 55-200
buy a 50mm f/1.8 lens this will teach you alot

now where is that blue pill ?

@brain

Thank you for your concern, but perhaps you should elaborate? I still don't understand?

My questions are most of the time hypotheticals that i'm trying to seal up as much as i can from any other factors. But if it weren't for the flaws in the design of the zoom lens, the pictures would look identical detail wise. Is that right SCraig?

Can you provide picture examples from your tests and what you are seeing as issues ?

Examples will give you more concrete answers/solutions

Maybe you should not shoot in RAW
Shoot in Fine large JPEG
take post processing out of the equation to improve your photographic skills

and then

Practice,
practice
practice

if you are having problems left and right then you DO NOT know the ISO / Shutter / Aperture well enough yet.

thus

Practice,
practice
practice

you are focusing too much on irrelevant theory. Lens design - straight vs curved AND quantity of aperture blades (and the lens elements themselves) help define the bokeh.

But if you must
Bokeh basics and intuition from lens equations: Open Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Also, since you only have the kit lens 15-55 and 55-200
buy a 50mm f/1.8 lens this will teach you alot

now where is that blue pill ?

Thank you astro, but you have things not in the right places. As great as this advice is, these are problems that haven't been relevant to me for some time now. My technical abilities with the camera aren't in question here. Things have moved on since last. But thank you for your concern.

Thank you astro, but you have things not in the right places. As great as this advice is, these are problems that haven't been relevant to me for some time now. My technical abilities with the camera aren't in question here. Things have moved on since last. But thank you for your concern.

versus

I realize that. An iphone user on this site posted pictures far beyond my capabilities. It was humbling. I finally understand the phrase: "the best camera is the one you have with you"

Okay,
Good luck

versus

I realize that. An iphone user on this site posted pictures far beyond my capabilities. It was humbling. I finally understand the phrase: "the best camera is the one you have with you"

Okay,
Good luck

Now i see why you misunderstood me. I was merely saying that he/she knew instinctively what a good shot was unlike myself. A bland and boring shot will still be bland and boring even with the perfect exposure and composition.

I am convinced that hamlet is a troll. He keeps starting threads that he argues against with contradictions...I mean poor Braineck is ROFLing and no one seems to get through to him...troll makes sense.

keep practicing and stop worrying at bokeh in lightroom, and coatings on lens, and giving advice to others when you don't have a clue yourself.

I was convinced he was a troll long ago. I'd ignore him expect for all the bad advice he gives to others that are really in need of help.

I am convinced that hamlet is a troll. He keeps starting threads that he argues against with contradictions...I mean poor Braineck is ROFLing and no one seems to get through to him...troll makes sense.

I'm sorry if my responses seem convoluted. Please point out my contradictions so i can better explain it to you.

I'd ignore him expect for all the bad advice he gives to others that are really in need of help.

What? I have not observed hamlet to give any advice at all. This sounds like a lame excuse for continuing to hound someone you don't like. I suggest that you grow up.

Not as much now. I'm trying to process all the pictures i took in lightroom, none of my pictures look right. I am messing up my bokeh in post.

You cannot change bokeh in post processing or anywhere else. It is a function of the design of the lens and cannot be changed. You are likely confusing the out-of-focus area caused by depth of field with bokeh which is the pattern in which the out of focus area is rendered. They are NOT the same thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back