What's new

ƒ0.95...Now that is Fast Glass!

Canon has an old F.95 lens too.
 
it's an interesting lens, $750 interesting? i dunno about that... All it is is a C-mount lens for security cameras with a m4/3rds mount on it. the IQ really doesn't looks that great. I'd be more interested in picking up a 50 f/1.2 or 1.4 c mount for alot less and getting the adapter.
 
I saw that a while back.... My Noctilux 50mm f/1 gets mounted to my G1 occasionally. Never posted it here because there is practically "zero" interest in anything other than DSLRs in TPF. No P&S, no m4/3rds, no rangefinders etc..

Yup.. I'd be interested in a simply a cmount adapter and lens.... I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that old Canon 50mm rangefinder f/0.95 lens. Expensive collectible and expensive to convert to M-mount.
 
I saw that a while back.... My Noctilux 50mm f/1 gets mounted to my G1 occasionally. Never posted it here because there is practically "zero" interest in anything other than DSLRs in TPF. No P&S, no m4/3rds, no rangefinders etc..

Yup.. I'd be interested in a simply a cmount adapter and lens.... I wouldn't mind getting my hands on that old Canon 50mm rangefinder f/0.95 lens. Expensive collectible and expensive to convert to M-mount.
I know, we're a minority! I do know that there is at least one person on here with an E-P1 though..

There are tons of C mount lenses, and really the only appeal of this one is the fast aperture. I'd personally be more interested in a c mount lens with more character. there are some 25mm lenses that have some really odd bokeh that give off this swirling round effect..just more character i guess.
btw... anyone know of any of those fast c-mount lenses come in an aspherical design?
I'm not sure, i don't think so though. aspherical lenses might be too expensive.
 
Please.. more info on the 25mm cmount. That sounds interesting.

btw... I predict one problem with the Noktor is the focal length. 50mm is way too narrow of a FOV for micro 4/3rd.
 
For those who care, an f/0.95 is 10% faster than f/1.0, 37% faster than f/1.2, and 54% faster than f/1.4.
 
I had an f/1.2 for my Olympus OM system. The f/1.4 and f/1.8 were better lenses.
 
100mm FOV on 4/3. Crappy DOF so a wider aperture is needed for more DOF on 4/3 vs. other. Smaller sensors = more noise so more light is needed compared to larger sensors than on 4/3.

It's nothing special, not like a lens with tha aperture on something like a FF or MF camera.
 
I saw this lens, but am highly suspect of quality. Fast and cheap do not necessarily go hand in hand. 50mm is way too long on the 2x crop of a m4/3 mount.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom