08 Technical assignment #2 Frozen water

P1020444RS.jpg

Wozza: Awesome results second time around, the real stuff helped, and the feel in general is fantastically improved. Good thinking doing a test run to get the exposure settings ;)

dklod: cool, I like the way the spray seems to angle from towards the camera through almost 180 degrees.

Way to go everyone! Dklod, way to go on the mini sprinkler. My husband installs those in the summer months around here, I really think he is going to like your shot..

Wooza! Way to go on the real stuff. Looks amazing!
And thank you for your comment about my photo.

yes finally!! it has been an awesome night for myself, i am about to go out and do more assignments for two reasons. 1. i loved this one i just did, i learned sooo much and am happy with my results. and 2. I just got a new SLIK tripod set tonight helping me take these pics, i love it its carbon fiber and amazing.

anyway the pics! i took some with the kitchen sink first and got a nice long yet broken up stream. but i wanted more splashes! so i go into the bathroom hoping that sink can make more of a splash. but nothing! then somthing amazing catches my eye, some little text on the side of my razor that said washable ;)

heres the results

streamMedium.jpg

razor1Medium.jpg

razor2Medium.jpg

Because I got comments, I decided to do it properly. The last shot helped serve as a test shot as I still had the camera on the same settings. Much better now, added to the concept a bit too and the crazy angles, vinagretting (SP?) as well as DOF make the shot look like I have had a couple of beers too when I look at it. :lol:

2231823305_68042c8f28.jpg
There ya go! That looks delicous!

Eupfhoria - Amazing effect on both! The three beer ones are amazing as well.

Thanks, though it was a wine bottle.

I know I am a day late, but we had an ice storm today and I thought ... shoot it anyway!

I had a hard time getting shots in focus, even using a Sigma 200-Macro. These were shot with a Canon 40D (1/60, F4, ISO 400)

Ice1.jpg

Ice1.jpg

Ice2.jpg

How the heck do you post an image?
Ice2.jpg

Wow Nikon! Your first shot is amazing! Beautiful!

Most reactions

Back