08 Technical Assignment #7, Macro - Due April 12th.

LaFoto - got the pens and pencil. Tuning fork?

Dang! Never done the reverse lens trick. This is so fun I can't stop shooting senseless pics of everyday crap all over the house. Sheesh. I'm a junkie!

Learning a few things, too: 1 - need LOTSA light. 2 - my camera tries to meter, but if I underexpose something like 4 stops it's spot-on.

Hmm. The litter box? Anything moldy in the fridge? Off I go!

I'm thinking tuning fork because of the marking: 440hz is the note A above middle C.

My wife has decided I need mental help. I presume many photographer's spouses feel this way. I now have three dozen pics of really, really small crap taken all over the house. "You can take pictures of your go##amn cell phone," she says, "but you can't take out the garbage?"

No. I can't. So there.

Here's mine!

2382659375_3a7722070e_o.jpg

woah..those cicada shots are insect-magazine quality..the fact that its crawling out of its little cacoonshell thing is just awesome....great scientific quality photo
ill be posting mine soon

I don't even have an adapter :oops:

All I ever do is turn the lens around and hold it to the "hole in the camera", that's all I do. :shock: :pale: if my photos now don't COUNT!

That is fine, That is part of the reason the description is so short, Use what ever ingenuity or methods to achieve the concept you see fit.

Like I said, it's all fair game, the description is so short because there are too many ways to achieve Macro results with or with out particular equipment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

OH yeah, I took a dozen or so Bellows shots today, I'll post the best of them in here in a few days. :D

So i tryed some of this double lens thing today. I definetly didnt have the optimum setup. For the lens on the camera i had the 10-20mm. And for the reverse lens held infront i had a manual focus 28-70 pentaz 3.5 lens. So in order to get get a shot i had to crop till the image was down to like 1 mp, haha.

LaFoto - got the pens and pencil. Tuning fork?

Yes. Sure thing. You are right, it is my tuning fork :D.
I happened to find it lying around and thought ... just like you are thinking, now that you (too) are infected with the reversed-lens-macro-virus ... ;)

So i tryed some of this double lens thing today. I definetly didnt have the optimum setup. For the lens on the camera i had the 10-20mm. And for the reverse lens held infront i had a manual focus 28-70 pentaz 3.5 lens. So in order to get get a shot i had to crop till the image was down to like 1 mp, haha.

Yeah it's not as easy as it looks.

I had some issues myself, I would spend a good five or more minutes focusing only to nock it out of focus wile locking the mirror. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back