1.4 AF-S 50mm lens focus speed question

Ady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looking to get one of these for Nikon D5000 for low light shooting. Have read several reviews and in some it mentions that the auto focus speed is a little slow. My question is how slow - would it be comparable to the kit lens that comes with the D5000 or slower............?
Reviews on the Sigma state faster focus speed but it is more expensive and that seems to be the only plus factor over the Nikon lens.

Reviews on the Sigma state faster focus speed but it is more expensive and that seems to be the only plus factor over the Nikon lens.

The only plus factor? Nah. The Sigma has much better "bokeh" and is just plain better in the f/1.4 - f/2.8 range... IMO.

I much prefer the Nikkor's AF, though. Speed isn't everything.

Can nobody give me a comparison on the auto focus speed compared to the kit lens on the Nikon 1.4?

Slow,i think they are comparing with the 50f1.4D.The kit lens is just plain slow,it's defo gonna be faster than the kit lens

Can nobody give me a comparison on the auto focus speed compared to the kit lens on the Nikon 1.4?

Sorry, I don't have any DX lenses.

The AF of the 50mm AF-S is fast enough IMO, and very accurate. The AF is actually one of the things I really like about that lens. :confused:

Anyway... you could try the Nikon sections of the DP Review or Fred Miranda forums. You're more likely to get a response there.

it's defo gonna be faster than the kit lens
This is what I was hoping for. The kit lens focus speed is sufficient for my main subject matter so as long as it's no slower focusing then I will purchase. Cheers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back