$1.99 Thrift Store Find

webestang64

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bought two, one to keep in the collection sealed and one to open and give it a go.

PDXtivl.jpg

Last edited:
English, French, and Spanish on the packaging...clearly meant for North American markets...1990s?

Late 90's is my guess. They came in all sorts of colors. Last time I looked on EBay there was red, blue, orange and gold.

On the box, the translation into French of "Manual Camera" has probably been entrusted to a Serbo Croatian trainee.
French are using the word "Camera" to designate movie cameras only. Nikon or Rolleiflex are "appareil photo"
But if dedicated to French speaking Canadians, I suppose the translation would pass

I would write "LEICA" on the front with a Sharpie.

Those kids look like they're having an allergic reaction to something.

I see you have a Nimslo! Is there any kind of photo finishing for those available anywhere in the world?

Nimslo and similar cameras can now be used to make 3D gifs so they've made a bit of a comeback. I don't know much about it but I presume that conventional film processing is used and the multiple imges are scanned and some software applied.

I see you have a Nimslo! Is there any kind of photo finishing for those available anywhere in the world?

Got it from a customer at work, seems to work fine. I still need to shoot a test roll and see what I can do with 4 negs. Maybe try the gif thing.

evkllD7.jpg

I keep looking for one of those yard sale Leica M3s for 20 bucks!

I keep looking for one of those yard sale Leica M3s for 20 bucks!

Not an M3 but back in the late 90's the photo store I worked at had a guy that leased space to deal with old equipment. When he and my boss had a falling out he left me a box of what he called "junk I can't sell". Down deep in the box was a Leica, I think from the 60's, with lens. I shot a roll through and the shutter was messed up. My boss said I could get it fixed or he knew somebody that would buy it, the guy came into the store, looked at the Leica and handed my 3 100 dollar bills. I was happy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back