1 more for C&C

I dont think its too blurry.

The child's head is impaled on a stick, the woman's feet are cut off, the background is distracting.....blah blah...

NONE of that matters. It's a magical wonderful moment of human interaction and you caught it, all else is forgiven. Great shot!

Joe

yes i agree.. very pretty photo.. however.. id love to know how far you were standing back to get that shot with an 85mm lens =P

The child's head is impaled on a stick, the woman's feet are cut off, the background is distracting.....blah blah...

NONE of that matters. It's a magical wonderful moment of human interaction and you caught it, all else is forgiven. Great shot!

Joe

I agree 100% Fantastic capture. Like said it's a great interaction between two people whose expression tells you a million things. Love it!

Sorry forgot to add this:
What did you do after you got this photo? Did you tell them? Did you show them? Or did you just walk away and they don't know they were photographed.
Sorry for the forward questions just curious about street photography.

What did you do after you got this photo? Did you tell them? Did you show them? Or did you just walk away and they don't know they were photographed.

They are actually my wife and daughter. lol
We went downtown for a mini christmas session and when we were done, I was walking to grab some more gear and then saw them playing. So I decided it would make a great family photo.

Usually I will take a candid photo of an individual and show them. most of the time they are ok with it, and ask if I can forward it to them. I always provide them with a business card so they can email me, and I will email them the final edited photo without printing rights. I have only needed a model release form on some occassions.

Last edited:

They are actually my wife and daughter. lol
We went downtown for a mini christmas session and when we were done, I was walking to grab some more gear and then saw them playing. So I decided it would make a great family photo.

Usually I will take a candid photo of an individual and show them. most of the time they are ok with it, and ask if I can forward it to them. I always provide them with a business card so they can email me, and I will email them the final edited photo without printing rights. I have only needed a model release form on some occassions.

Beautiful photo, you're a lucky man. I was trying it out, (street photography) some people look at you weird but I guess if you were standing in the bushes it could look stalkerish lol. Anywho, thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

Beautiful photo, you're a lucky man. I was trying it out, (street photography) some people look at you weird but I guess if you were standing in the bushes it could look stalkerish lol. Anywho, thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

Most people do look at you weird because they are not used to have a photographer taking photos around them. I have expierenced that most of those looks are looks of curiousity. They usually ask what am I taking photos of and if they can see. That is honestly where alot of my business comes from. If they see that you are a good "people person" they will tell friends/family and there is your next gig.

Most people do look at you weird because they are not used to have a photographer taking photos around them. I have expierenced that most of those looks are looks of curiousity. They usually ask what am I taking photos of and if they can see. That is honestly where alot of my business comes from. If they see that you are a good "people person" they will tell friends/family and there is your next gig.

Woah thanks for that advice maybe I should just walk around town with my camera and see what happens :). Thanks again for the feedback really do appreciate that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back