1 more for C&C

It's difficult to determine sharpness at this size, but what bothers me is the blue/magenta color. I'd adjust the Hue and the WB if it were my pic.

I dont think I had any blue/magenta, I usually like my images a bit warm, but I'll double check and make sure. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Last edited:
It would really have been nice to have been able to include the mother's feet...that would have really helped. And getting the camera as low as possible would have helped a bit more. But still, it's a really nice moment of mother-daughter interaction. ANd since the feet are forever gone....why not emphasize the mother-daughter interaction buy cropping in on it some more? I just held my hands up to the screen in cropping L's, and I think it'd look even better cropped much,much tighter.

Maybe something like this?
original.jpg

I dont think I had any blue/magenta, I usually like my images a bit warm, but I'll double check and make sure. Thanks for the feedback guys!

It could be my monitor, but their faces look very blue with magenta shadows to me. And the concrete looks strongly magenta. You can always know for sure by using the eyedropper in PS on a face and seeing what color it gives you. That way it takes the color out of context and doesn't give the brain the chance to compensate. I know getting colors right by just eyeballing it is the most difficult thing for me to do when I'm processing my shots so I could certainly be wrong.

It would really have been nice to have been able to include the mother's feet...that would have really helped. And getting the camera as low as possible would have helped a bit more. But still, it's a really nice moment of mother-daughter interaction. ANd since the feet are forever gone....why not emphasize the mother-daughter interaction buy cropping in on it some more? I just held my hands up to the screen in cropping L's, and I think it'd look even better cropped much,much tighter.

Maybe something like this?
original.jpg

Sweet! Thanks, I was not even thinking about that because I am trying not to crop images as I am working on getting the composition right the first time. I really like the image with this crop:D

Crop right behind the Hair/head and right behind the tennis shoes. But centered lower than post #18

I love the priceless capture of the photo, you did a wonderful job! I'm wondering if I would like it more if you crop it down a bit to get rid of the distraction of her feet being cut off. The background doesn't bother me much.

The child's head is impaled on a stick, the woman's feet are cut off, the background is distracting.....blah blah...

NONE of that matters. It's a magical wonderful moment of human interaction and you caught it, all else is forgiven. Great shot!

Joe

I agree. So many things going wrong, but in this case, the subjects sell the photo. You can have "technical" deficiencies, as long as the subjects sell past it. Selling photo's with technical difficulties when the client loves them isn't all wrong, some people call them candids. I don't think this is a "snapshot" at all.

The bokeh is a bit too watery?? Perhaps this is due to the picture being very saturated. The crop is excellent and you captured the moment which is most important.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back