1 shot and I knew the shutter would scare him off....

BuZzZeRkEr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Beautifull bird......I'm thinking it's a blue heron, but I don't know much about birds. I got so close to this guy I knew the sound of the shutter would send him flying off....and it did. Here's the one shot I got.....

Any comments welcome

LongNeckBirdLGWM2.jpg

Love this. The sharpness of the bird and the blur of the background is very pleasing. I wish the second vine was behind the bird's head though. The colors are great. The watermark is annoying though.

I absolutely love the one shot you got! Lucky you even got that close... I attempted to capture the exact same type of bird one foggy morning in the stream that we lived near... he flew alway as I was turning my camera on :(

BTW, you are correct. That is a Great Blue Heron. Very skittish birds from my experience.

ttfn
CDL.

You were lucky with the one and only shot you got! The reflecting sky in the water is a perfect backdrop, the colour is very intense. Focus is right and so is exposure, and he seems to even pose for your just a little.

That watermark of yours is quite, quite distracting...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Yes, that watermark is annoying...I forgot to resize it after I stuck it on there. I'll have to re-do it when I'm not feeling too lazy :mrgreen:

beautiful picture. I am hoping to get some nice shots today as I am heading to our local zoo with the misses. hope I can get shots at least half as nice as yours. also going to try out my new 55-200mm lens.

Nice shot, composition is nice and exposure is perfect. It's always hard to catch wildlife, that's why I shoot people.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back