What's new

11 Photos Im thinking about getting printed to sell.

Nykon

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
Massachusetts
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So as the title reads, I am thinking about selling some of my photos locally. Im kinda new to this whole photography thing, but Im really liking it. Family and friends say they love my pics, but I want truthful C&C from people. Do you all think any of these pics are worthy of printing off and selling?

Thanks in advance!


1.
DSC_3921.jpg


2.
DSC_3926.jpg


3.
33.jpg


4.
36.jpg


5.
39.jpg


6.
DSC_4400.jpg


7.
DSC_4419.jpg


8.
DSC_4565.jpg


9.
83.jpg


10.
96.jpg


11.
01.jpg
 
People purchase what they are interested in. To ask here, you will get very specific responses from very few people.
For instance, my feelings on a couple of your photos.


The bird images are okay, and a dime a dozen.
6 & 8 interest me a little, but not enough to purchase.

KMH will tell you that most images that sell include people. I tend to agree that people love people. ;)

Remember this is solely my opinion. Good luck and let us know what you think.

P.S.
Family and friends are very biased in their opinions....
 
I appreciate the feedback. I suppose I could do more with people though.

I would assume something like this?
DSC_4414.jpg
 
Pictures of people sell in regards to Stock Photography.

What market are you shooting for?
 
I have no idea. Im new to it all, and the term "stock" is still kind of vague to me. I like shooting landscapes and nature. The occational people and weddings.
 
I like the shots, but I think you would just have to get lucky with selling them. I can't even really focus on the photos with that watermark, it's very distracting in my opinion.
 
I like the shots, but I think you would just have to get lucky with selling them. I can't even really focus on the photos with that watermark, it's very distracting in my opinion.

I will keep that in mind for when I post pics again on here. I want to get serious with this though, Im trying to learn all I can without having to go to school for it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have only owed my camera for about 6 months.
 
I like the shots, but I think you would just have to get lucky with selling them. I can't even really focus on the photos with that watermark, it's very distracting in my opinion.

I will keep that in mind for when I post pics again on here. I want to get serious with this though, Im trying to learn all I can without having to go to school for it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have only owed my camera for about 6 months.


6 months....

Think of a lot of other endeavors for ownership of a business. Sometimes it takes years to get there.
 
I like the shots, but I think you would just have to get lucky with selling them. I can't even really focus on the photos with that watermark, it's very distracting in my opinion.

I will keep that in mind for when I post pics again on here. I want to get serious with this though, Im trying to learn all I can without having to go to school for it.

Thanks for the heads up. I have only owed my camera for about 6 months.


6 months....

Think of a lot of other endeavors for ownership of a business. Sometimes it takes years to get there.

Im not so much as thinking to run a full out business, just thought I would be able to sell some pics of mine that I have taken (Not for a huge amount of cash either). Cash on the side. I definitely believe it takes years of practice, trial, and error to become good. I just get a lot of compliments on my pics from friends, family, and others. Thought I would post here and get a more realistic judgement before taking that step and possibly making a fool of myself for being gullible. Lol.

So with that being said, I do appreciate everyone's feedback and help. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom