126 Film

Thanks for the link karalee. that's really cool. i might have to try that as a mini project.

And thanks for the dimensions Hertz but not for trying to confuse me :x

I'll be honest Hertz, i dont think I really understand that. Whats minox/ a minox camera? And also are they slitting the film to make holes for the spoes to wind the film? If they are I understand what they are doing but not why.

If you have a camera that you can't get film for, you get a larger film and slit it down to the size you want using a jig.
That's how manufacturers do it - they make film in big sheets and slit it to size.
I just thought that if hard pressed and you could find an old 126 cartridge, you could slit some film up and maybe reload it. Just an option.

Minox
http://www.cosmonet.org/camera/minox_e.htm
the classic spy camera.
I owned one, once. They are precision items that are almost a work of art.
They take 9.5mm film which is hard to find. Film slitting is often the only way.

Ah ok I see.

I have seen those cameras before. I saw an interesting camera on eBay that was in the shape of a pocket watch and was solid silver.

Anyways, I've done some drawings for my THC. I'm thinking about having a hood for the viewfinder with sides. To block out some light. I'd guess the ability to see wont be great. I might put a guard around the whole viewfinder about 1 or 2 inches high to allow better viewing.

I'm going to use a piece of OHT (overhead transparency) in front of the film as a bit of a pressure plate to keep the film flat. I think I might need that especially for 120 film. The film will then slot behind.

I'm going to have a bit of trouble finding a mirror thats the right shape. may have to mke one... (who knows how to do that? I've been considering trying to iron foil to see if it makes it more shiny!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back