1982 Porsche 911 Turbo & 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500: Top and bottom

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.theo-graphics.com
I was visiting a shop yesterday that I've done some automotive work for in the past. They were currently working on a 1982 Posche 911 Turbo & 1967 Shelby Mustang GT500, and I asked if I could take a photo.

You can see a time-lapse video of my processing and more information on the shoot on my blog!

This was a quick cell phone shot so you can see the lighting as it was in actuality.

porsche-orig-XL.jpg

Here's what I came up with using different exposures and light painting with my speedlights.

Porsche-911-GT500-XL.jpg

1982-Porsche-911-Turbo-and-XL.jpg

whoa what a difference in the processing ... great job

edit: your video is blocked due to emi copyright

whoa what a difference in the processing ... great jobedit: your video is blocked due to emi copyright
Thanks very much! Since this was just for fun, I wanted to see how far I could take it with the editing. Thanks for letting me know about my YouTube video, it must be because of the song I used in the video. I'll fix that up and get it back online soon.

Why not just HDR it if you are after that look?

Sorry about the copyright issues with the YouTube. Video, I guess it's because of the song I chose...I just picked a standard song YouTube offered and it should be good to go now.

Other than the distracting watermark in the center I like the cell phone shot. Which smart phone did you use?

Nice pics but a few student/noob comments no need to pay me much attention - Colors look overcooked in the last two, lighting isn't right, and the 2nd pic has something in the bottom left drawing my eye, bathroom light on is a distraction in the 3rd.

Why not just HDR it if you are after that look?

HDR wouldn't give me the same amount of sharpness and depth in the paint as light painting would. also, the overhead lights would make the reflections much harder to work with if using HDR.

Other than the distracting watermark in the center I like the cell phone shot. Which smart phone did you use?

Nice pics but a few student/noob comments no need to pay me much attention - Colors look overcooked in the last two, lighting isn't right, and the 2nd pic has something in the bottom left drawing my eye, bathroom light on is a distraction in the 3rd.

thanks for your comments! the cell phone shot was just to show setup, really. it was shot with the iphone 4s. The colors definitely are richly saturated, but I actually didn't do any editing to the color. the color you see is the color SOOC.

Sweet photos, light painting is a great look on cars

Impressive video and excellent music choice!

Most reactions

Back