1st attempt Off camera lighting (56k warning)

XtremeElemenT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After purchasing a sb800 & sb600 me and my friend decided to practice with some off camera lighting. I think we did a good job for a first timmer with only a 2 hour photoshoot :D What are your opinions.

DSC_1042.jpg

DSC_1051.jpg

DSC_1034.jpg

CSC_0307.jpg

DSC_1135.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

DSC_1109.jpg

some random pictures of us setting up lol
DSC_0948.jpg

DSC_0943.jpg

Also the same day i finished building my DIY ring flash/beautydish/ ring light lol

DSC_1101.jpg

Other then #9 which kept my eyes wondering....I like the rest of the photos.
Very well composed, taken at the "right" time and good exposure.
Looks like you have made your money worth on the flashs! ;)

great job!!!!!

that's some seriously good stuff!! looks like you two had a blast, too! That's the most important thing, in my opinion.

Sick photos man. So basically you just had your hot shoe flash on a tri-pod and just placed it in different places?

Sick photos man. So basically you just had your hot shoe flash on a tri-pod and just placed it in different places?

yeah man, i usually had the sb800 on full or 1/2 power to camera right then i would put the sb600 camera left usually infront or behind subject at 1/4 or 1/8 power

6 and 11 I didn't like, the rest are pretty cool. Either way it's a hell of a first attempt at off camera flash!

VERY impressive photos here. Job well done I'd say!! Really interesting to look at.

I really like them. Are you using pocketwizards?!?

Thanks, but no i'm not using pocket wizards, even though I do need to invest in a set. I was using a 9foot sc-28 cord and had the sb800 in commader mode and the sb600 in remote.

Most reactions

Back