1st attempt on studio portrait

Bukitimah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
razzi.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, this is my first attempt on studio portrait. Hope to have some CC for improvements.

3cf5b57.jpg

Very nicely executed, and an excellent result for your first attempt. About the only real point I can find is that a little more (say 1/3 stop) of light on her dress or on the background behind to give just a little more separation would help. I'm not sure the Pepsi ear-rings fit in with the rest of the image.

Good start. I'm not an expert in studio portraits so I'm not really the best person to give tips but I know a lot about modeling/posing and your model's pose is kind-of-off.

First of all, her left arms shouldn't be covering her breast. From the point where her arms covered her breast to down makes her look fat. Also, it would be better if we could have seen the other hand slightly showing out.

Alternative would have been to use the other arms to do that kind of pose. OR same arm but have her body slightly twist facing to the right to show off a slimer body.

Extra comment: Lighting seems fair to me.

Good luck! :)

I agree with "tirediron" about adding some light to separate the model a bit from the background, to make her pop a bit more. The lighting that is done work fine too, but for me I want see more of her - and not let her blend with the background like that.

What I don't agree on, is that the girl looks fat! If she looks fat, then I won't even think about how a girl must look to be thin enough

Thank you for your comments and tips. She is young lady, only 18 and doing part-time modeling. It is the photographer not the model's fault. After those shots, I realised I should fill in some light between her and the background.

This is another taken with a lighter background.

afe5365.jpg

I agree with "tirediron" about adding some light to separate the model a bit from the background, to make her pop a bit more. The lighting that is done work fine too, but for me I want see more of her - and not let her blend with the background like that.

What I don't agree on, is that the girl looks fat! If she looks fat, then I won't even think about how a girl must look to be thin enough

LOL. I didn't actually mean "fat". I guess I could have used a better word. It's just that the left side of the her upper body would have been looked better with curves (compared to almost a vertical line) - much like her body in the right side.

Regarding new pic: Creating the fill in light between your model and the background looks a lot better! Although, I like the lighting on her face for the first pic better. I can't explain why but somehow the 2nd pic has too much shadows in her face. Just my 2 cents though :)

OK, I hear you. In that case would the 3rd photograph fit in? This time, I try to "light=up" her face and also add a 2nd flash to the background.

0b538d4.jpg

I actually like the first post a lot, I might liquify or photoshop some definition in the arm but other than that and the pepsi earing it's my favorite of the three. Thanks for posting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back