1st couple of shots with my new D50

.Steve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is my first time posting pics on this site, so be brutally honest. Can't get better if I don't get criticism.

Just got my D50 and was driving to a buddy's house, and I thought I'd try to get a few pics in along the way.

Sorry if they are too big. I can resize them smaller if people want me to.

dsc0361oz3.jpg

dsc0360fa3.jpg

Then I played around with some HDR and got this on one of the pics. ;)

d501stej8.jpg

hmm To be honest there is nothing really interesting going on. the last one that you played around with has some grain. Its good, but nothing to focus in on, your eyes kinda float around. Try to find a focus point (not necessarily centered, but not necessarily following the rule of thirds). It will give for much better pictures. Keep shooting!

Edit- The one with the sunset, the tower thing kinda of draws you away from the actual sunset because it kind of makes your eyes follow it, and takes the focus away from the sunset.

Thank you for the advice.

I put the tower in because there was nothing else. To the right, where the sun actually was, I couldn't get a properly exposed shot, so I tried this. I even tried the "rule of thirds," that's why the stupid tower is there to begin with. Oh well, I suppose some cropping could fix that.

Yeah, thanks. It wasn't as deep a yellow, at least in my eyes, when I took the picture. Amazing what cameras do.

In the first (third), I sorely miss the TIP of that antenna.
The colours come out nicely in the edited version. But without the tip it looks like "I-tried-but-did-not-quite-succeed" (sorry).
If the second were mine, I'd crop it tighter to lose some of the white, non-descript sky and put more emphasis on the yellow of the car window in front.

Most reactions

Back