1st day of preschool

DanaDawn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It was my daughters 1st day of preschool, and I took a few shots outside our house. I'm trying to build my portfolio but I'm afraid to take pictures of anyone but my kids!
(And this is my first post, so hopefully I uploaded everything correctly)

CC Welcome!

$DSC_0108.jpg
$DSC_0140.jpg
$DSC_0160.jpg

Your door is crooked.

The door being crooked, is pretty annoying, buuuuttt - the pictures are adorable!!!

Cute pics. Some day these will be absolutely cherished family photos, so safeguard them well! Last one is uber-cute!

These are really cute. And they surely will be cherished. At least up until the point when your grown daughter realized the door is slightly crooked. Then she will probably disown you, throw the photos into a convenient nearby fireplace in disgust, sell all of her belongings and move to Russia. TALK TO YOUR KIDS ABOUT CROOKED DOORS!

Yes cute pics, but I would shrink the signature probably by 300% and moved it to the corner. Even Picasso had it smaller..;)

Thank you everyone for the CC! I never really noticed the door at first bc I was too busy looking at my daughters face, but now I see it!

For future reference, avoid all doors! ;)

(Oh and shrink my signature!)

Thank you everyone for the CC! I never really noticed the door at first bc I was too busy looking at my daughters face, but now I see it!

For future reference, avoid all doors! ;)

(Oh and shrink my signature!)

First sign the OP is not yet objective about her pictures.

First sign the OP is not yet objective about her pictures.

Guilty!

Remember that, while people may be nice, most of us don't really care about your child, we care first about photography and good pictures.
So, be very particular and post only the very best and fix all the technical errors so anything you hear will be new.
Posting one great picture is much better than posting one great one and three meh pictures because the meh pictures drag down the great one.

Awesome pictures! Who cares about the door! Great lighting and cute model.

Thanks Lew for the honest feedback! It's what I'm here for. If I wanted "Oh look how cute my kid is", I would have posted them straight to facebook :mrgreen:!

Welcome aboard. Lew brings up a good point (as he often does).

We are emotionally attached to the photos that we take...especially when the photos are of people & things that we are emotionally attached to...like our kids.
This can be counter-intuitive to making our photography better...but on the other hand, it still makes for great family memories.
As I look though my (or my wife's) family photo albums...I'm almost shocked at the 'poor quality' of the photos...but that doesn't matter one lick to people who know and love the people in the photos.

So keep that in mind. It's one thing to pick apart the technical aspects of a photo...but in the big picture, those things as so very miniscule compared to the actual purpose of the photos, which is to capture a memory of a special time in someone's life.

And of course, when you ask for public opinions of photos...you will get opinions from people who have little or no emotional attachment...and will thus concentrate on the technical aspects. This often doesn't feel good, but can certainly help us to improve our photography. You've taken that in-stride, so I'm sure you'll do really well around here. :)

My son is starting kindergarten next week. I may just have to take some inspiration from these shots. I love the idea of the chalk board sign.

Most reactions

Back