1st job with my Canon SX130 (Say ur opinion)

manofwow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello guys

First dont be fooled with the Title its not paying job :) its just a title

Hope u r all fine

This is my first shots with The Sx130 and its my first digital cam (All at Dawn ) :

(Setting set to manual , ISO 100 , Shutter Speed 1/10 or 1/60 , few pic got zoom)

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

This the only which i shot in 48x zoom

IMG_0110.jpg

Thanks in advance :) hope u enjoyed some :)

Last edited:
Job? Who's paying you?

hahah no one :)

edited inside to Shots not job :p

i think i should have increased the ISO for 400 cuz some photos look really dark :) , right?

composition composition composition. All 100 of them.

U mean i should arrange them in better way? (the elements am gonna shot)

Thanks for ur reply

i read briefly about it i can see that they are dependent to each other.

So i can guess that if increased my ISO with the same setting maybe got better image, right?

Or same ISO but with lower Shutter Speed , right?

those i control freely in the CAM but the Aperture i can control but when zoom in it automatically change.

hope u correct me with this 2 question .

Thanks in Advance

To put it mildly, these are underexposed. Alot. I also suspect based on the shutter speeds that there would be a lot of camera shake if I could see it.

If these are literally the first shots you have taken with the camera then you might want to take some photos in broad daylight until you figure out how the camera works.

You do realize that these are EXTREMELY underexposed beyond any realistic recovery?
I assume your monitor is not calibrated either. Monitors out of the box are EXTREMELY bright and EXTREMELY contrasty to make them even brighter. They're like this for the purpose of internet and gaming use. You need to reduce your brightness by about 30% and your contrast by somewhere between 30% and 50% to be a little more accurate on the image you are seeing. Because of the gaming setup you will tend to think your photos are MUCH brighter than they really are. Should you go to print, however you will be sadly disappointed.

Your settings are totally unrealistic for what you were shooting. your ISO should have been raised considerably. Your shutters in these instances are way to slow for a hand held camera.
Here are some guidelines for shutter speed:
if it is still life and you are hand holding the camera with an extremely steady hand no slower than 1/80
If it is alive but sits still no slower than 1/125 (I'd consider landscape like this alive, but still-breezes blow, cars move, etc.)
If it is alive and in motion no slower than 1/250 (playing toddlers, etc)
If it is alive and RUNS no slower than 1/500 (sports like football, etc)

I am new at this as well, but...someone is paying you for those pics?

To put it mildly, these are underexposed. Alot. I also suspect based on the shutter speeds that there would be a lot of camera shake if I could see it.

If these are literally the first shots you have taken with the camera then you might want to take some photos in broad daylight until you figure out how the camera works.

yea am sure that they are underexposed , and i will shot some in daylight .

Thanks for ur reply

You do realize that these are EXTREMELY underexposed beyond any realistic recovery?
I assume your monitor is not calibrated either. Monitors out of the box are EXTREMELY bright and EXTREMELY contrasty to make them even brighter. They're like this for the purpose of internet and gaming use. You need to reduce your brightness by about 30% and your contrast by somewhere between 30% and 50% to be a little more accurate on the image you are seeing. Because of the gaming setup you will tend to think your photos are MUCH brighter than they really are. Should you go to print, however you will be sadly disappointed.

Your settings are totally unrealistic for what you were shooting. your ISO should have been raised considerably. Your shutters in these instances are way to slow for a hand held camera.
Here are some guidelines for shutter speed:
if it is still life and you are hand holding the camera with an extremely steady hand no slower than 1/80
If it is alive but sits still no slower than 1/125 (I'd consider landscape like this alive, but still-breezes blow, cars move, etc.)
If it is alive and in motion no slower than 1/250 (playing toddlers, etc)
If it is alive and RUNS no slower than 1/500 (sports like football, etc)

Really good info and thx alot

i didnt realize that i might be fooled from the monitor am looking too but will readjust them

Thanks again

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back