What's new

1st pictures with my new Nikon D90

Joel_W

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 9, 2011
Messages
2,211
Reaction score
164
Location
Long Island, New York
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, Christmas came real early for me this year, as I bought CGibson's just about brand new D90, as it arrived yesterday. It certainly exceeded Charlie's description, as it's in absolute mind condition, and Charlie sent me David Bush's Nikon D90 book which should making learning all the nuances all that much easier. Made the basic adjustments, got familar with where things are compared to my D70S, and since I'm doing a overnight tonight at work, planned on getting out this morning for a test run. Naturally, the weather continued to suck big time, with on & off drizzle, and light winds. Sucked it up anyway, and headed to a small pond and local park. Ended up staying nearly 3 hours. All I can say is that the D90 surpassed the D70S every which way. Got home and downloaded the pictures into my computer. Here's the 1st set of the fog conditions by pond.




52512 025 by joelwillstein, on Flickr


52512 023 by joelwillstein, on Flickr


52512 022 by joelwillstein, on Flickr


52512 020 by joelwillstein, on Flickr
 
I really like 2 and 4. In 2, I like the placement of the houses in the frame and how there is just enough fog to obscure them but not hide them. Again, in four I like the fog in the background. I also like the grass as a foreground element.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom