1st portrait post!

afoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey everyone,

i work in vancouver bc, as a portrait photographer. though i'm here at tpf mainly for critique on landscape images, i figure i should post some portrait work for fun.
C&C always appreciated.

though i'm trying to get away from shooting weddings (the days are to long for me...) heres a portrait of a bride and her bridesmaid.
shot with D700 with the 70-200mm @ f/2.8

$afotojana.jpg$afotolaura.jpg

I like them, it could be the size but they look out of focus. on close up portrait shots I prefer a tighter crop so that it doesn't look like you unintentionally cut off their head. But this is just my opinion.
An all green background would have been better suited. Good work otherwise

Dont like the side view of the lady in white or the frontal view. A 2/3 shot like in the second set would have been a better choice.

Now I really like the shots of the girl in blue. She make the over the shoulder look natural. But ask yourself what is the back of the her dress bring to this shot? Last is my favorite.

Great shots. I agree that 4 is the best of the bunch, but I really like 2 as well. Cutting a bit off the top of the head doesn't bother me. Her eyes are awesome.

Welcome!

#3 is my favorite. she is beautiful and I like the playful pose. I wish there was a little more detail in her back to see her back though.

Most reactions

Back