1st Stack of Orion's Nebula

Excuse my ignorance, but when you say 14 photos at 2mins 53seconds, does that mean a total of 2:53 exposure for all 14 images OR 2:53 per image?

Celestron 8 is a nice scope. My last was a meade 10 but it got ran over in the field. good job. I like this stuff. true astro not just moon shots.

DannyLewis said:
Celestron 8 is a nice scope. My last was a meade 10 but it got ran over in the field. good job. I like this stuff. true astro not just moon shots.

Thanks, Danny. I can't wait to try this out at a dark site. I really would like a C14 to give this. Atry with.

thetrue said:
Excuse my ignorance, but when you say 14 photos at 2mins 53seconds, does that mean a total of 2:53 exposure for all 14 images OR 2:53 per image?

2:53 total exposure for all 14 images.

Last edited:
I love Nebula's....And other galaxies. I need to sell of my canon 100-400mm and get another scope.

Yes true. A T-mount works on most telescopes.

Well, if I sold my house I could get that with the tripod, but my Wife wouldn't be happy.

This is the one I use. Mounted up to a Celestron Advanced C8-SGT F10. I also put a 1.25" Adapater and prime focus. I use a Focal Reducer F6.3. The astronomy hobby isn't mine. I bought the C8-SGT for my wife. Star gazing is her hobby.

I really see no point in a lens like that. Cheaper to get a scope like you have. Not alot of difference except in pricing. And your's is easier to move around.

I have always favored Meade. They have the same glass just better overall product and customer service. The Meade 10 was amazing as will be the next step up from what you have, If you could afford it Questar is the deep space ruler but very steep in pricing. Meade and Celestron seem to be the most popular.
True. I think the next upgrade in a few years will be this scope or it's successor.

Okay I just looked and your looking into the Meade 12 which is an extremely awesome scope. It will perform like a champ....The new ones will line up by themselves with true north so set up is a breeze. (true north and magnetic north are not the same)

She said she would love that in the backyard. Personally I would like to build a house with a platform roof an install one of those on top.

Most reactions

Back