1st time, be gentle

jl1975

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, here goes. These are some shots from last weekend straight from the camera. I am hoping to get some c&c regarding the basics about shooting the picture. I figure I should try to get better at that before I worry too much about editing. I was playing with shutter speed on the water shots. What do you think?

5090384009_e1ace5697c_b.jpg

5090976750_679df61516_b.jpg

5090968004_8c6f1317cf_b.jpg

5090961000_cf77557beb_b.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!

First of all, it's best to number your pictures if you are looking for feedback, helps to reference them easier ;)

Overall not bad! #1 is the best of the bunch in my opinion, because it has a clear subject. When I got my camera I took pictures of EVERYTHING, and while that's great to learn how to use your camera, it can make the end result not that spectacular.

A couple overall suggestions:
1. Pick a subject. All but #1 in my opinion lack a subject. You focused on the leaf in #1 which is good, but the rest my eye was left wondering what I should be focusing on

2. For shooting water, look at getting either a good Graduated Neutral Density Filter and/or a Polarizing Filter (both, really).

3. Be careful with horizons. The waterfall picture keeps confusing my sense of balance, I don't know if I should be looking at it right side up along the axis of the tree, or tilting my head to the left to see the axis of the waterfall.

Thanks for the feedback. That is what I was hoping for. I appreciate it.

Great feed back. Also keep an eye out on the exposure. Some of the highlights are blown out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back